We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for seasonal short-time allowance
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
If your construction company is unable to carry out its work due to snowfall, for example, seasonal short-time allowance can partially compensate for the loss of earnings. It is intended to relieve your company and help to preserve jobs.
The seasonal short-time allowance is limited to companies
- the construction industry,
- the scaffolding trade,
- the roofing trade and
- gardening and landscaping.
You can only receive the benefit during the so-called bad weather period from December to March.
As an employer, you must apply for, pay and settle the seasonal short-time allowance. Your employees do not have to do anything.
Seasonal short-time work can be introduced for your entire company or limited to individual departments.
The actual amount of the seasonal short-time allowance depends on the respective income of your employees and the actual loss of work/earnings during the seasonal short-time working period:
- 60 percent of the lost net wage for employees without a child in the household
- 67 percent of the lost net wage for employees with at least one child in the household.
In addition to the seasonal short-time allowance, you can apply for additional benefits for your employees, such as the reimbursement of social security contributions.
You receive the seasonal short-time allowance from the first hour of absence.
As an employer, you initially pay wages and salaries to your employees in advance. The short-time working allowance is settled monthly in arrears with the Federal Employment Agency at the payroll office and paid to you retroactively.
You can apply for seasonal short-time allowance in writing or online. However, you can also use KEA (Kurzarbeitergeld-Dokumente elektronisch annehmen) if necessary.
If you want to apply for seasonal short-time allowance in writing:
- You calculate monthly wage and salary payments as well as the seasonal short-time allowance.
- You pay the remuneration for hours worked and the seasonal short-time allowance for hours not worked to your employees and pay the social security contributions.
- You apply for reimbursement of the seasonal short-time allowance retroactively each month at the responsible employment agency (application for seasonal short-time allowance and payroll list).
- The employment agency checks your application and the payroll list. If your application is approved, you will receive the seasonal short-time allowance. You will receive a written notification.
- At the end of the seasonal short-time working period, the Employment Agency will check the statements you have submitted as part of a final audit and, if necessary, correct the approved seasonal short-time allowance.
If you want to apply for seasonal short-time allowance online:
- Go to the "eServices" portal on the Federal Employment Agency's website.
- Log in with your user ID and call up the application for seasonal short-time allowance.
- Complete the application, upload the payroll list and submit the application.
- The employment agency will check your application and your documents. You will receive notification of the decision on your application from the Employment Agency.
- The remaining steps in the procedure are the same as the written procedure.
If you wish to use KEA for the application for seasonal short-time allowance and the associated payroll list:
- You will need certified payroll software that supports transmission using KEA.
- In this case, you can transmit your application for seasonal short-time allowance and the corresponding payroll list to the Employment Agency fully digitized and securely from your payroll software.
The seasonal short-time allowance can be applied for in the event of temporary and unavoidable loss of working hours
- for economic reasons or
- for weather-related reasons or
- as a result of an unavoidable event.
- Your company belongs to the building trade, scaffolding trade, roofing trade or gardening and landscaping trade.
- Your company or company department employs at least 1 employee.
- You have employees subject to social security contributions who have not been dismissed and with whom no termination agreement has been concluded.
Which documents are required?
- Application for seasonal short-time allowance (S-Kug) and supplementary benefits
- Settlement list for seasonal short-time allowance (S-Kug) and supplementary benefits - attachment to the application for benefits
- Action before the social court
Applications / forms
Forms available: Yes
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance necessary: No
Online services available: Yes
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)