We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Claim reimbursement of social security contributions as a supplementary benefit to seasonal short-time allowance
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
If your construction company cannot carry out construction work due to snowfall, for example, you can apply to have the social security contributions for your employees reimbursed in addition to the seasonal short-time allowance. This concerns the social security contributions that you, as the employer, are solely responsible for.
This benefit is limited to companies
- in the construction industry
- the scaffolding trade,
- the roofing trade and
- gardening and landscaping.
They can only receive reimbursement of social security contributions during the so-called bad weather period from December to March. The calculation of social security contributions is based on 80 percent of the lost wages.
You can only apply for reimbursement of social security contributions for employees who are subject to compulsory insurance. These are salaried employees whose employment relationships cannot be terminated for weather-related reasons during the bad weather period according to the collective agreements. On the other hand, you cannot get reimbursement for social security contributions for salaried employees and foremen.
Temporary changes to the regulations for short-time allowance and supplementary benefits are possible.
For example, the regulations for short-time allowance were temporarily changed due to the Corona crisis. Among other things, the changes affect the lump-sum reimbursement of social security contributions.
Further information can be found on the website of the Federal Employment Agency.
You can apply for reimbursement of social security contributions for recipients of seasonal short-time allowance in writing or online.
If you want to apply for the benefit in writing:
- You calculate the remuneration and the seasonal short-time allowance.
- You pay the remuneration and the seasonal short-time allowance to your employees and pay social security contributions.
- You apply for reimbursement of the social security contributions monthly in arrears to the relevant department of the Employment Agency (application for seasonal short-time allowance and payroll list).
- The Employment Agency will check the application and the payroll list. If your application is approved, you will be reimbursed for the social security contributions.
- After the end of the bad weather period, the Employment Agency will check the submitted payrolls as part of a final audit and, if necessary, correct the approved benefits.
If you want to apply for the benefit online:
- Access the "eServices" portal on the Federal Employment Agency's website.
- Log in with your user ID and access the application for seasonal short-time allowance.
- Fill out the application, upload the payroll list and send the application.
- The Employment Agency will review your application and documentation. You will receive a decision on your application from the Employment Agency.
- The remaining procedural steps correspond to the written procedure.
You can apply for reimbursement of social insurance for employees who receive seasonal short-time allowance. You are also only entitled to the benefit for employees whose employment cannot be terminated for weather-related reasons during the bad weather period.
Your company must also
- belong to the building trade, scaffolding trade, roofing trade or gardening and landscaping trade, and
- employ at least 1 employee and
- have previously paid in the funds for the reimbursement of social security contributions in the form of a levy for these purposes.
Which documents are required?
- Application for seasonal short-time allowance (S-Kug) and supplementary benefits
- Settlement List for Seasonal Short-Time Allowance (S-Kug) and Supplementary Benefits - Attachment to Application for Benefits
- Action before the social court
Applications / forms
Forms available: Yes
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes
What else should I know?
In the event of extraordinary developments on the labor market (such as those resulting from the spread of the coronavirus), the federal government or the Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs may temporarily adjust the regulations on short-time allowance by decree.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)