We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Reapply for or change commercial designation in the Fisheries and Aquaculture Directory.
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
In the register of trade descriptions for fishery and aquaculture products, all trade descriptions permitted in Germany are listed. For trade descriptions that have not yet been finally included in this list, there is a separate list.
If you want to apply for a new trade name, please note the following:
- You should only apply for a trade name for one species at a time (species-specific such as "Clupea harengus").
- If a trade name already applies to another species or genus, that name usually cannot be assigned.
- You do not need a trade name for fish, crustaceans and mollusks that have been prepared or preserved and are imported under CN code 1604 or 1605, respectively.
Further guidance on the allocation of trade descriptions can be found on the website of the Federal Agency for Agriculture and Food (BLE).
If you would like a supplementary designation to an existing trade designation, please apply for a new trade designation.
All lists can be viewed and downloaded from the BLE website.
You must apply for the registration of a new trade name in writing.
- You can apply for the trade designation on the BLE website via the "Online application" link. Simply follow the instructions in the form and complete any missing information.
- You will receive notification that your application has been received. The BLE will also point out any missing information.
- The BLE will process your application and then notify you of the outcome.
- If a new trade name is recognized, the announcement will be made in the Federal Gazette.
You must be an operator, i.e. you must commercially market fishery or aquaculture products.
- place on the market,
- move within the Community,
- import or
Note: Fishing industry associations are not eligible to apply.
Which documents are required?
- Justification why the proposed name should be assigned
- If applicable, visual material and other evidence
What are the fees?
There are no costs for you.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
You must submit the application no later than 6 weeks before planned use of the trade name.
The processing time is usually 6 weeks.
Applications / forms
Online procedure possible: yes
Written form required: yes
Personal appearance required: no
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture (BMEL)