We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Lists of drift-reducing seeders: apply for equipment testing and registration.
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
The Julius Kühn-Institut (JKI) publishes on its website a list of tested seeders and conversion kits that work with negative pressure. These are so-called pneumatic seeders. The listed devices allow about 90 percent less dust to drift during sowing than other seeders.
As a manufacturer or commercial supplier, you can apply to have your seeder or conversion kit listed by the JKI.
Farmers may only use listed seeders when applying seed dressed with certain crop protection products. This applies regardless of whether the seeder is a single-grain seeder or a universal seeder.
The aim of the test is environmental protection and nature conservation, especially of bees. If as little dust with pesticide abrasion as possible is released when sowing dressed seed, this protects nature.
You can submit the application for inclusion in the list of drift-reducing seeders by e-mail or by mail. You can submit the application for both corn seeders and other seeders or conversion kits.
- Download the application form from the Julius Kühn Institute (JKI) website.
- Fill it out and send it as a scan with the necessary documents as an e-mail attachment.
- Download the application form from the website of the Julius Kühn-Institut (JKI).
- Send the signed form with company stamp and the required documents by mail to the Julius Kühn-Institut.
- The JKI will check your documents. If the expected costs for the examination exceed 5,000 EUR, the JKI will send you an invoice for an advance amount.
- In the next step, the JKI will arrange an appointment with you for testing your seeder in the field. The test takes place on site at the JKI in Braunschweig. You are responsible for transporting the equipment to and from the site. Please make sure that you are insured within the scope of the legal liability for the liability for damages during transport as well as during the test.
- After positive examination, the JKI will send you a notification. In addition, the JKI publishes on its website the type designation, the manufacturer's name and some other specifications, such as the row spacing or the years of construction.
- You pay the amount still due for the test, minus the advance already paid, if applicable.
You do not have to meet any prerequisites.
Which documents are required?
As a rule, you submit these documents:
- Instructions for use in German language
- pictorial representation of the entire device, for example as a photo
What are the fees?
Cost type: variable
Note: The costs for voluntary testing depend on the type of device and the testing effort. The JKI will inform you about the expected costs before the start of the examination of your device.
Cost range for general processing of the application: 59,00 EUR - 400,00 EUR
Cost framework for testing of attachments, devices for the distribution of pellets as well as granulates and dusts: 1,200.00 EUR - 7,200.00 EUR.
Cost frame for evaluation and listing: 190,00 EUR - 680,00 EUR.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
You do not have to meet any deadlines.
For more information on how to file an appeal, please refer to your notice.
Applications / forms
Forms available: Yes
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: No
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture (BMEL)