We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Renew flag certificate for pleasure craft
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
The flag certificate serves as proof of the right to fly the German flag on a seagoing vessel or a seaworthy pleasure craft with a hull length of up to 15 meters.
It is issued to natural persons, partnerships or legal entities. You must have a residence or registered office in Germany and either be a German citizen or a citizen of the European Union (EU).
Flag certificates are valid for 8 years and must therefore be renewed regularly.
If you wish to extend a flag certificate that has been issued, you must submit a corresponding application to the Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency (BSH).
You can apply for an extension of the flag certificate at the Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency.
- Go to the BSH website and access the section for flag certificates.
- Select the PDF form "Application for amendment or renewal of a flag certificate".
- You can fill it out on the computer and print it out or print it out and fill it out by hand.
- Send the completed form together with the required documents and evidence by post to the BSH.
- To apply online, go to the "Flag certificates" section of the BSH and follow the instructions.
- You can upload evidence in various formats. The original flag certificate must be sent to the BSH by post for renewal.
Explanations on the application and information on the flag certificate can also be found on the BSH website.
You already have a flag certificate.
Which documents are required?
- completed (online) application
- original flag certificate to be renewed
- Copy of proof of changed information, if applicable
- Identity card or passport (copy)
- If applicable, joint ownership agreement with proof of the personal details of the respective owners (copy)
- Confirmation of full payment (copy of corresponding receipts)
- Appeal against rejection notice
Applications / forms
Forms available: Yes
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance necessary: No
Online services available: Yes
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry for Digital and Transport Affairs (BMDV)