We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Receive a home help and child care costs in the statutory accident insurance
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
The statutory accident insurance supports you after
- an accident at work,
- a commuting accident and
- the onset of an occupational disease.
If necessary, your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund will cover costs incurred for household management or childcare.
The following costs, for example, are covered by your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund:
- Costs for a self-procured household help (service for the continuation of the household and travel costs)
actual travel costs incurred and, if applicable, actual loss of earnings in the case of relatives and in-laws up to the 2nd degree, i.e. for example:
- grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren
- parents-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law
- Costs for taking the child with you
- Costs for another accommodation of the child
- Costs for child care
The household help's duties include, for example:
- Shopping and preparation of meals
- Care of clothing
- care of the living quarters and
- Taking care of the children.
The statutory accident insurance will cover your daily costs up to 2.5 percent of the applicable monthly reference amount. The reference amount is calculated from the income of all insured persons of the German social insurance. This applies to an 8-hour day. If your home help only works part-time, you will receive a pro-rata reimbursement of up to a maximum of one-eighth of the maximum amount per hour. This covers all your expenses incurred, including travel costs.
After an accident at work, you take part in a 6-week medical measure. During this time, you are unable to care for your household on your own. The need for continued household maintenance of 3 hours a day for 2 times a week is determined. You will procure a household help yourself. As of 01.01.2022, the reimbursable amount of a self-procured household help is 10.25 euros per hour and a maximum of 82.00 euros per day. Your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund will check other legal requirements according to the Social Security Code. If these are met, the following reimbursable amount results for the entire period: 10.25 euros x 3 hours x 2 times a week x 6 weeks = 369 euros. The daily maximum amount was not exceeded at any time.
Instead of a home help, the necessary costs for childcare are also covered up to a maximum amount. This has been 180 euros per month since 01.01.2021.
You can apply for coverage of home help and child care expenses online or by mail.
- Access the online service.
- You will be guided through the process on the Accident Insurance Service Portal.
You can log in.
- If you would like to receive the response from your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund in the mailbox of your BundID account or My Company Account, you must have an account and authenticate yourself.
- If you would like to receive the response by mail, you can also proceed without logging in.
- Select your responsible employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund or determine it using the industry search.
- Upload the required documents.
- Fill out the online form and submit it.
- Your report will automatically be forwarded to your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund.
- You will receive a response via the requested channel.
Online service of your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund:
- If you have access to the portal of your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund, you can also submit the notification electronically there, if necessary.
Message by mail:
- Contact your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund with an informal letter.
- Make sure you provide the required information and enclose the necessary documents.
You have suffered an accident at work or on the way to work, or a recognized occupational disease and are
- are participating in a benefit for medical rehabilitation or for participation in working life or in life in the community,
- you or another person living in your household cannot continue to run the household,
- there is a child living in your household who is not yet 12 years old or who has a disability and is dependent on assistance,
- Your child needs care.
your child has had an accident at school or on the way to school, or has a recognized occupational disease and needs care, supervision or nursing, and
- according to a doctor's certificate, it is necessary for you, as a working parent, to be absent from work to supervise, care for or nurse your child,
- another person living in the household cannot supervise, care for or nurse your child,
Your child is younger than 12 years of age or is disabled and dependent on assistance.
Which documents are required?
- Cost vouchers, invoices and receipts
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There is no deadline.
- Detailed information on how to lodge an appeal can be found in the notification from your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund.
Applications / forms
Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: No
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)