We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for motor vehicle assistance for persons with statutory accident insurance
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
The aim of motor vehicle assistance is to restore, improve or maintain your mobility. The assistance should enable you to lead a self-determined life. This includes independence in all aspects of daily professional and social life. Motor vehicle assistance includes support
- when purchasing a motor vehicle (motor vehicle), whether as an initial purchase or as a replacement,
- when converting a vehicle with additional equipment suitable for people with disabilities,
- when obtaining a driving license.
Further assistance is possible in special cases. In order to avoid economic hardship, employers' liability insurance associations and accident insurance funds can contribute to the costs of operation and maintenance in individual cases. This is possible with a grant or loan, particularly in the case of necessary major repairs.
You must apply for motor vehicle assistance before you buy or convert a vehicle or obtain a driving license.
Your employer's liability insurance association or accident insurance fund will decide what assistance you receive.
The amount of the grant depends on the type of assistance and currently amounts to a maximum of EUR 22,000 for benefits for participation in working life and social participation and a maximum of EUR 7,670 for medical rehabilitation. Additional disability-related equipment is not taken into account. A higher amount will be approved in individual cases if absolutely necessary due to the disability.
The costs for the disability-related additional equipment and its installation are covered in full. This also applies if you are driving the vehicle for a person with a disability.
You must apply for motor vehicle assistance before
- you buy a vehicle,
- convert it,
- obtain a driver's license.
You can apply for motor vehicle assistance online or by post.
- Call up the online service.
- You will be guided through the process on the accident insurance service portal.
You can log in.
- If you would like to receive the reply from your Berufsgenossenschaft or accident insurance fund in the mailbox of your BundID account or My Company Account, you must have an account and authenticate yourself.
- If you would like to receive the reply by post, you can continue without registering.
- Select your responsible employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund or find them using the industry search.
- Upload the required documents.
- Complete the online form and send it off.
- Your notification will be automatically forwarded to your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund.
- You will receive feedback via the desired channel.
Online service of your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund:
- If you have access to the portal of your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund, you can also submit the notification electronically there if necessary.
Message by post:
- Send an informal letter to your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund.
Make sure you provide the required information and enclose the necessary documents.
You are entitled to motor vehicle assistance:
- If, due to the nature or severity of the health impairment, you cannot or cannot reasonably be expected to walk the distances required for participation, or
- if you cannot use public transportation due to the nature or severity of the health impairment because you cannot reach the stops on foot or it is not possible or reasonable for you to use the transportation, or
- if public transportation is not available and the choice of home or place of work or training or the location of another vocational training measure is due to the nature or severity of the health impairment.
Further requirements are:
- You must be able to drive a motor vehicle yourself or it must be ensured that a third person drives the motor vehicle for you.
The vehicle to be purchased must meet the requirements of your disability in terms of size and equipment and
- (if necessary) be able to be converted or fitted with additional disability-related equipment without disproportionate additional expense.
- The purchase of a used vehicle can be subsidized if the market value (usually the dealer's sales price) is at least 50 percent of the original new vehicle price (list price).
Assistance with the purchase of a vehicle requires that you do not already have a vehicle that is suitable in terms of type and size or that you cannot reasonably be expected to continue using.
Which documents are required?
- Medical certificate
- Invoice for previous vehicle (purchase or special equipment) or accident damage (copy)
- Cost estimate for vehicle (new or used car)
- If applicable, notification from the pension office regarding recognition as a severely disabled person (copy)
- Driver's license (copy)
- Vehicle registration certificate (registration certificate part 1) and vehicle registration document (registration certificate part 2) of the previous vehicle (copy)
- Financing plan
- Vehicle registration certificate of the new vehicle (copy)
- Other documents
What are the fees?
There are no costs.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There is no deadline.
- Detailed information on how to lodge an appeal can be found in the notification from your employer's liability insurance association or accident insurance fund.
Applications / forms
Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance necessary: No
Online services available: Yes
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)