We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Benefits in the event of a need for care for persons insured under the statutory accident insurance scheme
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund, as the body responsible for accident insurance, will pay care allowance.
The amount of the care allowance depends, on the one hand, on the type or severity of your health impairment. On the other hand, the extent of the assistance required plays a role. Both together result in the so-called need for care, which is measured with a percentage. There is no nursing degree determination as in the statutory nursing care insurance.
Your percentage of need for care determines the amount of your care allowance. There is a minimum and a maximum amount set by law.
Care at home, if desired, has priority over placement in an inpatient care facility. Both private caregivers, such as relatives, and professional outpatient services can provide you with care at home.
The benefits of the statutory accident insurance due to the need for care have priority over the benefits of the social long-term care insurance and the associated long-term care insurance funds. Therefore, if you receive corresponding benefits from the statutory accident insurance, a claim to care benefits from the social long-term care insurance is suspended.
Your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund will check on its own initiative ("ex officio") whether you are entitled to care benefits.
- The examination begins as soon as there are indications that you are in need of care.
- Your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund determines the percentage of the need for care.
- You will receive a corresponding notice.
You do not have to submit an application. Nevertheless, you are free to apply for care benefits from your Berufsgenossenschaft or Unfallkasse online or by mail.
- Call up the online service.
You will be guided through the procedure on the accident insurance service portal.
- If you would like to receive the response from your workers' compensation insurance association or accident insurance fund in the mailbox of your BundID account or My Company Account, you must have an account and authenticate yourself.
- If you would like to receive the response by mail, you can also proceed without logging in.
- Select your responsible employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund or determine it using the industry search.
- Upload the required documents.
- Fill out the online form and submit it.
- Your report will be automatically forwarded to your accident insurance provider.
- You will receive a response via the requested channel.
Online service of your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund:
- If you have access to the portal of your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund, you can also submit the report electronically there, if necessary.
Reporting by mail:
- Send an informal letter to your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund.
- Make sure you provide the required information and enclose the necessary documents.
You are entitled to care benefits from the statutory accident insurance from the day on which you are helpless or in need of care. This means that you
require the help of other persons to a considerable extent
- for the usual and regularly recurring activities of daily living
due to the consequences of an insured event
- accident at work, commuting accident or occupational disease
Which documents are required?
- You do not need to submit any documents.
What are the fees?
There are no costs involved.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There is no deadline.
- Detailed information on how to lodge an appeal can be found in the notification from your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund.
Applications / forms
Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes
What else should I know?
There are no indications or specifics.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)