We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Psychotherapeutic services for persons insured under the statutory accident insurance scheme
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Robberies, but also suffering or witnessing serious accidents or special dangerous situations can be very stressful events for those affected, which often lead to psychological injury (trauma). This can be triggered by the immediate threat to life and limb as well as the feeling of helplessness and being completely at the mercy of others.
Like physical wounds, psychological injuries require special help to heal. If you are suffering from a psychological injury, you should seek help as soon as possible after the traumatic experience. In doing so, you will counteract the development of mental illnesses with long-term consequences and strengthen your natural self-healing powers.
Following a recognized occupational accident or disease, the statutory accident insurance scheme provides for the psychotherapy procedure in this case. The procedure regulates the requirements as well as the implementation of the services for you. Only medical and psychological psychotherapists who have special expertise and are willing to assume certain duties can participate in this procedure.
Your therapy will begin with up to 5 sessions. Afterwards, a decision is made on whether to continue outpatient psychotherapy in the form of short-term or long-term therapy. In particularly severe cases, inpatient services may also be considered.
The therapy will be initiated by your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund or by the transit physician.
If you have suffered an accident at work or an occupational disease with a mental health impairment, it is important that your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund is informed of the event.
- After a corresponding event, visit a transit doctor.
Alternatively, you can contact your Berufsgenossenschaft or Unfallkasse directly online or by mail.
- Call up the online service.
- You will be guided through the procedure on the accident insurance service portal.
- You can log in.
- If you would like to receive the response from your workers' compensation insurance association or accident insurance fund in the mailbox of your BundID account or My Company Account, you must have an account and authenticate yourself.
- If you would like to receive the answer by mail, you can also proceed without logging in.
- Select your responsible employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund or determine it using the industry search.
- Upload the required documents.
- Fill out the online form and submit it.
- Your report will be automatically forwarded to your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund.
- You will receive a response by the following means
Online service of your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund
- If you have access to the portal of your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund, you can also submit the notification electronically there, if necessary.
Message by mail:
- Contact your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund with an informal letter.
- Make sure to include required information and enclose the necessary documents.
The psychotherapy procedure will then be initiated by your accident insurance institution or your accident insurance physician. With this initiation, up to 5 sessions are approved.
You are free to choose from the therapists approved as part of the psychotherapy procedure.
- You must provide evidence of a recognized occupational accident or disease, with the occurrence of mental health damage.
- This may be the case in particular if you have been the victim of a violent act (robbery, assault) or an eyewitness to serious accident events.
Which documents are required?
You do not need to submit any documents.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There is no deadline.
- Detailed information on how to lodge an appeal can be found in the notification from your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund.
Applications / forms
Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: No
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)