We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Receive child injury benefit from statutory accident insurance
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Child injury benefit is paid by the accident insurance fund in some cases. It replaces your lost income if you have to care for your injured child under the age of 12 at home.
You are entitled to child injury benefit per year and per child for
a maximum of 10 working days for couples
- a maximum of 20 working days for single parents.
The procedure varies depending on whether your child has family insurance with your statutory health insurance fund or statutory or private health insurance with the other parent.
If the child is covered by family insurance with your statutory health insurance fund:
- Your doctor issues a medical certificate for the receipt of sickness benefits when the child is ill.
- Submit the certificate to your health insurance fund.
- Your health insurance fund will pay you child care injury benefits on behalf of the responsible accident insurance fund.
If the child has statutory or private health insurance with the other parent:
- The accident insurance fund of the federal state in which the kindergarten or school is located is responsible.
- Your doctor will issue a medical certificate for the receipt of sick pay in case of illness of the child.
- File an application (in writing or by phone) with the appropriate accident insurance fund for child care injury benefits.
You can also contact the accident insurance fund online or by mail.
- Call up the online service.
- You will be guided through the process on the Accident Insurance Service Portal.
- You can log in.
- If you would like to receive the response from your Workers' Compensation Board or Accident Insurance Fund in the mailbox of your BundID account or My Business account, you must have an account and authenticate.
- If you would like to receive the answer by mail, you can also proceed without logging in.
- Select your responsible employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund or determine it using the industry search.
- Upload the required documents.
- Fill out the online form and submit it.
- Your report will automatically be forwarded to your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund.
- You will receive a response via the requested channel.
Online service of your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund:
- If you have access to the portal of your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund, you can also submit the notification electronically there, if necessary.
Message by mail:
- Contact your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund with an informal letter.
- Make sure you provide the required information and enclose the necessary documents.
You are entitled to child injury benefits if:
- You must supervise, care for or nurse a child in your household because of the consequences of an insured event (school and kindergarten accident),
- your child has not yet reached the age of 12,
- you were entitled to a salary or another cash benefit (e.g. sickness benefit, unemployment benefit) prior to the supervision, care or nursing of your child, and
- no other person living in your household can take care of your child.
Which documents are required?
- medical certificate in case of illness of a child.
Please ask your local accident insurance fund whether you need to submit any further documents.
What are the fees?
There are no costs involved.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There is no deadline.
- Detailed information on how to lodge an appeal can be found in the notification from your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund.
Applications / forms
Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)