We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
You can deregister your vehicle at the relevant registration authority,
- if you intend to sell it,
- if you are temporarily not using it or
- if you wish to have it disposed of.
Deregistration terminates the registration of the vehicle for public road traffic. The most common reason for this is to sell the vehicle. Another common reason is the temporary non-use of motorcycles over the winter months.
- After deregistration, you no longer have to pay insurance or taxes for the vehicle.
- The registration authority will therefore inform your vehicle insurance company and the customs administration, which collects vehicle tax, of the deregistration.
- After deregistration, the vehicle may no longer be driven or parked on public roads.
- Deregistration can be carried out at any registration authority.
- You can have your license plate reserved for one year for the purpose of re-registration.
Deregistration via the Internet
You can also deregister your vehicle yourself via the website of the responsible registration authority.
The requirements for this are
- an identity card with electronic proof of identity function,
- new stamp stickers on the license plates and
- a new registration certificate part I (vehicle registration document).
The new stamp stickers and the new registration certificate have concealed security codes that can be exposed.
This can be recognized on the stamp stickers by an externally visible print piece number and on the registration certificate part I (the vehicle registration document) by a silver sticker.
Who should I contact?
To the district or the district-free city (registration authority).
However, you can also have your vehicle taken out of service at any other registration office in Germany.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure, Division LA 23
Professionally released on