We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for a grant for the installation of new, efficient heating systems with renewable energies or for individual energy-related measures
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
All costs incurred in connection with the installation of a new, efficient heating system using renewable energies or the implementation of individual energy-related measures are eligible for funding, both for private and municipal, industrial and commercial applicants.
Funding is available for:
- Gas condensing boilers "Renewable Ready".
- Gas hybrid systems
- Heat pumps
- Biomass systems
- Solar thermal systems
- Innovative heating systems based on renewable energies
- Local and district heating
- Construction of building networks
- Ventilation systems
- Thermal insulation of walls, roof surfaces, basement and floor ceilings
- Renewal of windows and exterior doors
- Summer thermal insulation
- Optimization of existing heating systems
- For residential buildings: Efficiency Smart Home
- For non-residential buildings: installation of measurement, control and regulation technology, room cooling and lighting systems
- Expert planning and construction supervision
The funding rate is 20 percent for "Renewable Ready" gas condensing boilers, 30 percent for gas hybrid systems and solar thermal systems, and 35 percent for heat pumps, innovative heating systems based on renewable energies, RE hybrid heating systems, and biomass systems, in each case pro rata to eligible investment costs. An additional subsidy bonus of 5 percent is possible if the emission limit value for particulate matter in biomass systems does not exceed 2.5 mg/m3. For the construction of a building network or connection to a heating network with a minimum share of renewable energies of 25 (55) percent, the subsidy rate is 30 (35) percent of the eligible investment costs. The subsidy increases by 10 percentage points if an old oil heating system is decommissioned and replaced by a gas hybrid system, a heat pump, an innovative heating system based on renewable energies, a RE hybrid heating system or a biomass system.
The funding rate for ventilation systems, thermal insulation, replacement of windows and exterior doors, summer thermal insulation, heating optimization, Efficiency Smart Home (residential buildings only), and measurement, control and regulation technology, room cooling and lighting systems (non-residential buildings only) is 20 percent.
If a renovation measure is implemented on the basis of an individual renovation roadmap (iSFP) funded via the "Energy Advice for Residential Buildings" (EBW), the respective funding rate is increased by an additional five percentage points (iSFP bonus). However, the measure must be implemented within a maximum period of 15 years after preparation of the iSFP.
The maximum amount of eligible investment costs is EUR 60,000 per residential unit per year in residential buildings and EUR 1,000 per square meter of net floor area, for a total maximum of EUR 15 million in non-residential buildings per property per year.
The funding rate for specialist planning and construction supervision is 50 percent of the eligible costs. Eligible costs for specialist planning and construction supervision are capped at EUR 5,000 for single-family and two-family houses, and at EUR 2,000 per residential unit for multi-family houses with three or more residential units, for a total maximum of EUR 20,000 per commitment/grant notice.
Funding for the above-mentioned measures is provided in accordance with the binding minimum technical requirements set out in the funding guidelines.
There is no legal entitlement to the subsidy.
Applications for the grant are processed by the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA).
You must submit the application for funding online to the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA).
- Should an application be submitted for an individual measure on the building envelope and/or an application for plant technology (except heating), the involvement of an energy efficiency expert is necessary for the application. Before the (actual) application can be submitted, the energy efficiency expert prepares a so-called technical project description (TBP), in which the measure to be applied for is explained. BAFA provides an electronic form for the technical project description.
- The electronic application form for funding includes general information on the applicants, as well as on the planned measures and expenses. After opening the application form, the TPB ID is entered, if applicable, and the application form is automatically populated with the building data.
- After you have submitted your application, you can start implementing the measure at your own financial risk.
- After reviewing the application, in case of a positive decision, the amount of the maximum grant will be determined based on the expenses planned for the measure and quantified in the application. After the notification of the grant decision, subsequent changes to the information on the adjustment of the maximum grant amount are only possible within one month.
- The period within which the measure is to be implemented ready for operation (approval period) is usually 24 months after the grant notice is issued.
- The grant is paid out after the audit of the proof of use has been positively concluded. The proof of use, including all required documents, must be submitted no later than 6 months after the end of the grant period using the forms provided for this purpose, including all required documents.
If an energy efficiency expert was involved in the application, he or she must prepare a so-called technical project verification (TPN) after completion of the measure, analogous to the application procedure, and confirm the implementation of the measure in this TPN. After the energy efficiency expert has created the technical project verification, he or she receives a TPN ID. This TPN ID must be entered in the online proof of use form. The following documents are required for the proof of use check and must be submitted digitally to BAFA with the online proof of use form:
- Confirmation of the application-compliant use and operational readiness of the technical system by means of the electronic proof of use form as well as the technical project certificate (TPN) if an energy efficiency expert is involved or the specialist contractor declaration, which must be completed and signed by the respective responsible installer.
- Confirmation of truthful information (which will be sent with the grant notification)
- Proof of expenditure
Who should I contact?
Eligible to apply are:
- Private individuals,
- Municipal regional authorities, municipal associations of municipalities and special-purpose associations, as well as legally dependent proprietary companies of municipal regional authorities, provided they act for purposes of public service;
- Corporations and institutions under public law, for example, chambers or associations;
- Non-profit organizations, including churches;
- companies, including sole proprietorships and municipal enterprises;
- Other legal entities under private law, including housing cooperatives.
- Eligibility to apply applies to owners, lessees or tenants of the land, part of the land, building or part of the building on or in which the measure is to be implemented, as well as to contractors.
- Fulfillment of the minimum technical requirements according to the funding guidelines.
The subsidized investment measure must be implemented on the territory of the Federal Republic of Germany and operated for at least 10 years in accordance with its purpose.
Which documents are required?
When submitting your application, you must submit:
- Cost estimates for the services
- In the case of application by an authorized representative: the signed power of attorney.
In the event that a borehole is drilled, a no-fault insurance policy. If the application is submitted by a contractor, a declaration by the energy efficiency expert must be submitted with the application that a draft contracting agreement is available that names the contractor and the contractor(s) as contracting parties and conclusively regulates the contracting relationship, includes the content of the funding components claimed with the funding application and contains the following information:
- Clear designation of the contracting parties,
- minimum term of the contracting agreement of 3 years,
Contracting service (funding measures applied for).
What are the fees?
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
As a rule, measures must be implemented within 24 months of the granting of the notice of approval.
Proof of implementation of the measure within 6 months after the end of the approval period.
- for processing the application: usually 2 to 6 weeks.
You can start implementing the measure immediately after submitting the application at your own financial risk.
You can significantly influence the time it takes to decide on your funding application by providing all the correct information in the online application and submitting all the application documents in full so that there are no further queries about the application.
Applications / forms
- Forms: yes
- Online procedure possible: yes
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance required: no
For information on the Federal Subsidy for Efficient Buildings - Individual Measures (BEG EM), please visit the website of the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA).
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi)