We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Report work and commuting accidents to agricultural accident insurance
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
As an entrepreneur or as an institution, you are obliged to report accidents at work and commuting accidents of employees to the statutory accident insurance.
As a sub-sector of the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture (SVLFG), agricultural accident insurance is a compulsory insurance to which you, as an entrepreneur in agriculture, forestry and horticulture, belong by law. As a member of agricultural accident insurance, you must report accidents at work and commuting accidents involving people working on the farm.
This may involve, for example, a fall, an injury caused by working with machinery or a traffic accident on the way to work.
The reporting obligation applies if the person concerned is likely to be unable to work for more than 3 days or has died as a result of the accident. The Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture (SVLFG) recommends reporting every accident regardless of this in order not to lose insurance cover for unexpected long-term consequences of an accident.
After the accident at work, the injured person should consult a so-called "Durchgangsarzt" (D-Arzt). Accident insurance physicians have special knowledge and experience in the field of accident medicine. In an emergency, rapid medical assistance is important and the person affected can consult any doctor.
After your notification, the agricultural accident insurance will check whether and to what extent insurance cover exists. This is the case, for example, if the accident is related to the business activity. The accident insurance company also automatically checks which benefits it must provide.
You can report a work or commuting accident online or by post.
If you want to submit the report online:
- Go to the website of the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture (SVLFG), go to "Report an accident at work" and fill in the online form "Accident report".
- If possible, have your membership number ready. This will enable your report to be assigned more quickly.
- Your report will be processed as soon as we receive your online form. You will receive a copy of the accident report, which you can download.
- Agricultural accident insurance will then automatically check which benefits the person concerned is entitled to. You do not need to submit another application.
If you want to send the notification by fax, post or e-mail:
- Download the "Accident notification" form from the SVLFG website.
- Complete the form in full and sign it. If necessary, the works council must also sign if there is one.
- Send the accident report to the SVLFG by fax, post or e-mail. The agricultural accident insurance will then automatically check which benefits the person concerned is entitled to. You do not need to submit a further application.
- A person who works for your company has had an accident at work or on the way to work.
- The person concerned is expected to be unable to work for more than 3 days or has died.
Which documents are required?
You do not need to submit any additional documents.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
You as the owner of a business or a person authorized by you must submit the accident report within 3 days of learning of the accident.
What else should I know?
There are no indications or special features.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)