We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Receive aid for surviving dependants in agricultural accident insurance
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
As a survivor or surviving dependant, you are entitled to a one-off benefit from agricultural accident insurance under certain conditions. This applies to
- Widows and widowers
- Life partners
- Orphans (including adopted children)
The amount of the one-off benefit is 40 percent of the determined annual earnings that were the basis for calculating the pension at the time of your or your relative's death.
Under certain circumstances, it is possible to receive an ongoing allowance instead of a one-off payment. You will receive the ongoing benefit if this would probably be more favorable for you. The Landwirtschaftliche Berufsgenossenschaft (LBG) examines this, decides on a case-by-case basis at its own discretion and justifies its decision. The maximum amount of an ongoing allowance is equal to the survivor's pension.
You do not have to apply for the survivor's allowance. The entitlement is determined ex officio by the agricultural accident insurance:
- The LBG learns of the insured event or the death of your relative.
- Based on the insured event and the cause of death, the LBG will check whether you are entitled to survivors' benefits.
If you are entitled to benefits, you will receive a notification from the LBG.
Entitlement to survivors' benefits exists if:
- an insured person was receiving an injury pension following a reduction in earning capacity (MdE) of at least 50 percent at the time of death and
- the death of the insured person is not the result of an accident at work or an occupational disease and therefore there is no entitlement to a survivor's pension from the statutory accident insurance.
Additional requirements for widows, widowers and surviving registered partners:
- Widower or widow status exists.
- It was not a pension marriage.
Additional requirements for orphans:
- There is an assumed orphan's pension entitlement (i.e. the orphan would be entitled to an orphan's pension if the insured person died as a result of an insured event under statutory accident insurance).
- The orphan was living with the deceased person at the time of death.
- The orphan was mainly supported by the deceased person.
Requirements for ongoing benefit:
At the time of death, your relative was receiving one or more pensions from the agricultural accident insurance scheme, which
- together with other pensions from the statutory accident insurance, if applicable, reached an MdE of 80 percent,
- was/are drawn for at least 10 years and
- there is evidence of a loss of at least 10 percent in the survivors' benefits from the statutory pension insurance.
Which documents are required?
- Marriage certificate
- death certificate
- for orphans: Birth certificate, death certificate of the other parent
What are the fees?
There are no costs.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There is no deadline.
Detailed information on how to lodge an objection can be found in the LBG notice.
Applications / forms
Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance necessary: No
Online services available: No
What else should I know?
There are no indications or special features.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)