We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Request change of conditions for employment in case of residence permit
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
If, as a foreign person, you are subject to the employment requirement for a certain type of employment or a certain employer, you can, under certain conditions, have this employment requirement changed when you change employer to another company. To do this, you must submit an application to the relevant immigration authority. In most cases, the result is dependent on the approval of the Federal Employment Agency involved in the decision.
- If you would like to apply for a change of employment of your residence permit, you must first submit an application for this to your competent immigration authority. Send a copy of your current residence permit with your application and describe which condition you would like to change and how.
- The immigration authorities will then tell you which documents they need from you.
- Then submit the requested documents in full to your immigration office.
- The immigration office will then review your application and usually ask the Federal Employment Agency to approve it.
- Once the review is complete, you will either receive an appointment, a new residence title by mail, or a notice of rejection.
In the place of residence responsible immigration/foreigners authority of the district or independent city.
Foreign person who is subject to an employment requirement
- An income that ensures the livelihood
- Training or study place or employment contract (draft is sufficient)
- Main residence in the area of responsibility of the immigration authority
- A recognized qualification from an apprenticeship or course of study in Germany
Which documents are required?
The required documents always refer to the respective change of employer. The requirements must be proven.
The above applies to the documents mentioned below and the competent immigration authorities may request further documents from you in individual cases.
Foreign person subject to an employment requirement with a residence title for employment
- Gainful employment
- employment contract
- the last three pay slips
- place of study or apprenticeship
- Training contract
- Confirmation from the person giving the job that the training position has been taken up
- Certificate of study
- Integration courses
- Professional language courses
- Qualification measures
- Further education measures
- Residence in the area of responsibility of the immigration authority
- Certificate of registration or rental agreement and declaration of move-in from landlord
What are the fees?
Cost amount (variable): from 50,00 to 98,00 Euro
Name of the costs: Administrative fee
Remark: Exemption and reduction see Residence Ordinance.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There are no deadlines, however, you should consider applying for a new residence title if your old title is only valid for a few more months.
1 to 3 months
Note: The duration depends on the workload of the immigration office and the Federal Employment Agency.
- Action before the administrative court
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Ministry for Social Affairs, Youth, Family, Senior Citizens, Integration and Equality of the State of Schleswig-Holstein
Professionally released on