We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for early enrollment
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Would you like your child to start school early even though he or she will not turn six until after the school enrollment deadline on June 30? Then you can apply for early enrollment at your elementary school in the school district. In Schleswig-Holstein, every child who has reached the age of six by June 30th is required to attend school. All children who turn six on or after July 1st are not required to attend school until the following calendar year.
The school management decides on the admission of the child after discussions with the parents. A school doctor's or school psychologist's report may also be requested. Admission is possible if it can be expected that the child will work successfully at school.
- You register your child at the relevant elementary school and apply to the school management for early enrollment.
- Your child takes part in the school medical examination.
- The school management will then invite you and your child to an interview.
- The school management will decide whether your child can actually start school early.
- A school doctor's or school psychologist's report can also be requested for this purpose.
Who should I contact?
Elementary school in your school catchment area
- Your child is not yet six years old on 01.07. of the year of the planned school enrollment.
- Your child has the required level of mental and physical development to attend school.
- Proof of the school medical examination
Which documents are required?
- Informal application
- Identity card for verification of identity
- Proof of sole custody, if applicable
- If applicable, power of attorney and copy of the identity card of the legal guardian(s) who cannot appear in person
- Vaccination certificate or medical certificate (measles protection)
What are the fees?
Administration fee: free of charge
Processing time: 2 MonthsThe processing time can be approx. 2 months.
Applications / forms
What else should I know?
As a parent or guardian, you can also register your child at another school that is not in your school catchment area. If this freely chosen school has enough free places, your child can be accepted there.
Before you register your child there, you must always contact your local school first.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Ministry for General and Vocational Education, Science, Research and Culture of the State of Schleswig-Holstein
Professionally released on