We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Applying for an extension of the mining license
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
A mining permit for the exploration of one or more mineral resources is initially granted for a maximum of 5 years. Once these 5 years have expired, you can extend the permit for a further 3 years under certain conditions. You must apply for such an extension.
There are 3 types of mining permits:
- Permit for commercial purposes: exclusive right to discover deposits and determine their extent,
- Permit for scientific purposes: exclusively for research purposes and
- Permission for large-scale exploration: to determine the characteristics of possible deposits.
The exploration permit does not allow you to implement any technical measures, such as drilling or seismic surveys. The permit only allows you toexplore mineral resources in the permit field granted to you. A commercial permit for a specific mineral resource cannot be covered by another commercial permit for the same mineral resource at the same surface location.
This does not apply to scientific and large-scale exploration of non-mining mineral resources, as the exploration objective is different here.
You can apply to extend your permit online via the "BergPass" platform or in writing to your local mountain authority.
Apply for the extension of your permit online:
- Go to the "BergPass" online platform and log in.
- To register, you will need a BundID and an identity card or residence permit with an active online ID function.
- Call up the application form and fill it out completely and truthfully.
- Upload the required documents as a file and send the application.
Apply for the extension of your permit in writing:
- Contact your responsible mining authority and coordinate the required application documents.
- Submit the application and all required documents.
Further procedural steps:
- The competent authority will check your application and the documents submitted. If any documents are missing, the authority will contact you.
- You will receive a notification by post informing you of the decision on your application. In addition, the decision will be sent electronically to the relevant mailbox (BundID or ELSTER company account) in advance and information will be displayed in BergPass.
- You will also receive a notification of costs. Pay the fees.
Certain requirements must be met before you can extend the permit:
- You are the holder of an exploration permit.
- The permit field could not be sufficiently investigated after the expiry of the permit despite planned exploration coordinated with the competent authority.
Which documents are required?
- Proof of the original exploration permit
- Proof of the original work program with the following details:
- Period for which your permit was applied for
- Description of the work and the type of exploration
- financial expenditure
- original schedule for the exploration activities
- Proof that the permit field could not be sufficiently explored at the end of the permit despite the planned exploration.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Period of validity: 0 - 3 YearsThe permit can be extended for 3 years at a time. Which time limit is considered in individual cases depends primarily on the period that appears necessary for your work program.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Ministry of Economic Affairs, Transport, Agriculture and Viticulture Rhineland-Palatinate (MWVLW)
Professionally released on