We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Applying for an extension of the mining license
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
With a mining permit, you are the only person permitted to prospect for and extract certain mineral resources within a defined area.
Permits are issued for a limited period of time. You can have this permit extended if the permit period expires in the foreseeable future and the deposit has not yet been exhausted. To do so, you must submit an application to the competent authority.
You can apply to extend your permit online via the "BergPass" platform or in writing to your local mountain authority.
Renewal online apply:
- Go to the "BergPass" online platform and log in.
- To register, you will need a BundID and an identity card or residence permit with an active online ID function.
- Call up the application form and fill it out completely and truthfully.
- Upload the required documents as a file and send the application.
Apply for an extension in writing:
- Contact your responsible mining authority and coordinate the required application documents.
- Submit the application and all required documents.
Further procedural steps:
- The competent authority will review your application and the documents submitted. If any documents are missing, the authority will contact you.
- You will receive a notification by post informing you of the decision on your application. In addition, the decision will be sent electronically to the relevant mailbox (BundID or ELSTER company account) in advance and information will be displayed in BergPass.
- You will also receive a notification of costs. Pay the fees
Certain requirements must be met for your permit to be extended:
- You have a mining permit valid at the time of application to prospect and extract a specific mineral resource in the permit field and to acquire ownership of it.
- The deposit is not yet exhausted.
- The extraction of the mineral resource must be carried out in an orderly and planned manner.
The extension period must be appropriate to the mining project.
Which documents are required?
When renewing a permit, it is particularly important that you prove that the deposit has not yet been exhausted. This is usually necessary:
- Extension application
- Production forecast with the expected annual production volumes in graphical and tabular form
- Work program with the following information:
- Description of the planned technical implementation of the extraction
- Period for which you are applying for an extension
- Planned financial expenditure
- Expected schedule for the extraction activities
- Details of the management and company name and registered office
- extract from the commercial register
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Objection deadline: 1 Month
- Objection, which is processed by the competent mining authority
- If necessary, subsequent appeal to the administrative court
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Ministry of Economic Affairs, Transport, Agriculture and Viticulture Rhineland-Palatinate (MWVLW)
Professionally released on