We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Do a voluntary social year
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
For all those who do not want to rush into professional life or studies immediately, there is the voluntary social year (FSJ).
In the voluntary service, you perform practical assistance activities in personal and direct contact with people. Your practical experience will be expanded in further qualifications and seminars.
Such a voluntary service usually lasts 12 months and can be extended to a maximum of 18 months and in exceptional cases to 24 months.
You will receive a monthly pocket money as well as free meals or cost compensation and, if applicable, free accommodation. Social security contributions (health, pension, nursing care and unemployment insurance) are covered 100 percent by the institutions. You will continue to receive child benefit if you are under 25 years old.
Before you start an FSJ, you need to think about the area in which you would like to get involved.
- Apply to a sponsor in good time. Many FSJ providers offer an online form for this purpose. Some organisations require you to submit a written application.
- If necessary, the sponsor will invite you to an interview.
- If your application is successful, you will sign a contract. This specifies your place of work and the period of the FSJ.
- you are between 16 and 26 years old
- the FSJ period will end before your 27th birthday
- you have completed compulsory education (depending on the federal state, after the 9th or 10th grade)
- you do the FSJ for at least 6 months
Which documents are required?
- Application documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae)
What are the fees?
There are no costs for you.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Application deadlines vary from institution to institution.
The processing time varies depending on the institution and the institution.
There are no legal remedies.
Applications / forms
- Forms: partially
- Online procedure possible: partly
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance required: yes
What else should I know?
In addition to the FSJ, there is also the Federal Volunteer Service (BFD). No age limit is specified here. Related to the FSJ are also the Voluntary Ecological Year (Freiwilliges Ökologisches Jahr, FÖJ), the Voluntary Year of Culture (Freiwilliges Jahr Kultur, FSJ Kultur) and the Voluntary Year in Political Life/Democracy, in Sport or Abroad.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth
Professionally released on