We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for permission to restrict traffic space
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
For any measure in which you use and restrict public traffic space, you must obtain permission from the local road traffic authority. Such measures include road construction measures, the erection of scaffolding or the storage of building materials, but also removals and other events. You may not begin the measures until you have been granted permission.
You are responsible for informing the public about the measure. With the permit, the responsible authority specifies in an order under traffic law
- How you must cordon off and mark the work site,
- whether and how you must restrict, direct and regulate traffic, and
- how you must mark any detour routes.
On the one hand, these requirements ensure the safety of workers and road users, and on the other hand, they ensure that traffic is not impaired more than necessary.
You need a traffic law order not only for a full or partial lane closure, but also if the work only affects bike paths or sidewalks.
If the requested traffic space restriction is a work site, a construction supervisor must be designated.
If the measure will take longer than the requested time, you must request an extension of the measure before the approved time expires.
In the event of an emergency (emergency measure), contact the responsible police station directly.
You can apply for the traffic space restriction permit by mail.
- You find information on the website of the authority responsible for you and, if available, download the relevant form.
- If a form is available: you fill out the form, sign it and submit the application with the required documents by mail or email.
- If no form is available: You write an informal application, sign it and submit it with the required documents by mail or email.
- The competent authorities will examine the application and, if necessary, involve other agencies.
- After the application has been reviewed, you will receive a notice of approval or rejection. The approval notice contains the traffic-legal order for you.
- You can now carry out the measure within the scope of the traffic law order.
- You receive a fee notice.
- You pay the fee.
Who should I contact?
To the municipal, local, city, district or federal administration (road construction authority).
It is recommended that you contact the municipal, local or city administration (building or public order office) in advance.
- You can demonstrate a legitimate interest.
- They do not restrict the safety of traffic and do not disproportionately affect traffic.
- They do not disproportionately restrict the public use.
- In case of traffic space restriction due to work site : You hold the certificate "Merkblatt über Rahmenbedingungen für erforderliche Fachkenntnis zur Verkehrssicherung von Arbeitsstellen an Straßen" (MVAS) as the person responsible for a traffic order.
Which documents are required?
- Application for permission to restrict traffic space (written formless)
- Site plan to scale
- If applicable: certificate "Merkblatt über Rahmenbedingungen für erforderliche Fachkenntnisse zur Verkehrssicherung von Arbeitsstellen an Straßen" (MVAS) (information sheet on general conditions for required expertise for traffic safety at work sites on roads)
- Optional: traffic sign plan
- Optional: Detour plan
- Optional: Explanation of the construction project / procedure
- Optional: Signal location / signal sign plan
What are the fees?
Fee: 30,00 - 200,00 EURPayment in advance: NoThe fee varies depending on the duration and scope of the permit.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Application deadline: 14 DaysMinimum application deadline
Processing time: 2 WeeksThe processing time for extensive measures turns out to be higher than the processing time for short, less extensive measures.
- For more information on how to file an appeal, please refer to the decision on your application
- Action before the administrative court
Applications / forms
Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: No
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry for Digital Affairs and Transport
Professionally released on