We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Legal advice and legal proceedings are subject to a fee. Anyone who is unable to raise the necessary funds for personal and financial reasons has the option of applying for legal aid or legal aid.
Advice assistance is granted on application under certain conditions for the exercise of rights outside of court proceedings. It can be granted in the following areas of law::
- Civil law (for example tenancy law, traffic accidents, family law),
- administrative law,
- constitutional law,
- criminal law, regulatory offense law and
- labor and social law.
- The person seeking legal advice cannot afford the funds required for legal advice according to his or her personal and financial circumstances,
- there are no other options available for help that the person seeking legal advice can reasonably be expected to make use of, and
- the exercise of rights is not wanton.
The person seeking legal assistance must submit an application for legal aid. To do so, he or she can contact the legal application office of the competent local court. The person seeking legal assistance must submit a declaration of their personal and financial circumstances. If the requirements for the granting of legal aid are met, the local court can issue a legal aid certificate. With a certificate of legal aid, the person seeking legal assistance can then consult a lawyer of their choice and obtain legal advice free of charge.
Alternatively, the person seeking legal assistance can visit a lawyer directly, describe their personal and financial circumstances and request legal aid. The lawyer can then subsequently submit the application for legal aid in writing to the local court.
Legal aid is granted on application for the exercise of rights in court proceedings.
- the applicant is unable to raise the funds required to conduct the proceedings according to his or her financial and personal circumstances,
- the intended legal defense or prosecution has sufficient prospect of success and
- the intended legal defense or prosecution is not frivolous.
Who should I contact?
To the legal application office of the competent local court or to a lawyer.
What are the fees?
A lawyer may charge the person seeking legal advice EUR 10.00 for their advice.
- Law on legal advice and representation for low-income citizens (RBerHG),
- § Section 114 et seq. of the Code of Civil Procedure (ZPO).
Applications / forms
Application forms for applying for legal aid can be obtained from the legal application office of the relevant local court.
Application forms for legal aid can be obtained from the court responsible for the respective legal dispute.
What else should I know?
Weitere Informationen zur Beratungshilfe und zur Prozesskostehilfe finden Sie auf den Internetseiten der Landesregierung Schleswig-Holstein und des Bundesministeriums der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz (BMJ).
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.