We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Applying for a replacement for a lost registration certificate part II (vehicle registration document)
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
There is no general obligation to exchange the old vehicle registration certificate for the registration certificate part II (ZB II). An automatic exchange takes place if a new registration certificate Part II has to be issued anyway (for example, because it has been lost or if a new ZB I (vehicle registration document) has to be issued), regardless of whether the old vehicle registration document is still available.
The vehicle registration certificate is canceled and replaced by the registration certificate part II (note: the vehicle registration certificate is destroyed and replaced by the registration certificate part I).
If the registration certificate part II (vehicle registration document) is lost, a replacement document can be issued. At the request of the licensing authority, an affidavit must be made as to the whereabouts of the original documents. The replacement document may only be issued once the lost registration certificate Part II has been published by the Federal Motor Transport Authority in the Verkehrsblatt and the 14-day deadline set for this has expired. If there is reason to do so, it is advisable to report the loss to the police.
Who should I contact?
To the district or district-free city (registration authority). Jurisdiction is based on the place of residence of the vehicle owner (main residence according to the identity card).
In the case of legal entities, it is the registered office of the main branch or the registered office of the branch; this also applies to a general partnership, limited partnership or for traders and self-employed persons with a fixed place of business.
Which documents are required?
When exchanging the registration certificate part II (or old vehicle registration document)
- Current identity card or passport with confirmation of registration - not older than 3 months
- Vehicle registration certificate or registration certificate part I
- Current TÜV certificate
If carried out by a third party, additionally
- informal, written power of attorney from the person making the application and identity card of that person
for companies additionally:
- Extract from the commercial register and business registration in the original or as a certified copy
for associations additionally:
- Extract from the register of associations in the original or a certified copy
for underage vehicle owners additionally:
- written consent and identity cards of the legal guardians
If the registration certificate part II (or old vehicle registration document) is lost:
- Registration certificate part I or old vehicle registration document
- current TÜV certificate
- Affidavit (personally by the holder) about the loss
- If the registration certificate II/vehicle registration document was not personally handed over to the owner at the time of registration, a certificate from the authorized person (e.g. car dealership) is also required stating that the registration certificate II/vehicle registration document has since been handed over to the owner.
- Valid identification documents of the vehicle owner
- Identity card or passport with confirmation of registration - not older than 3 months
- Driving license and similar documents are not accepted!
- For companies: Extract from the trade or commercial register
- for associations: Extract from the register of associations
- The registration certificate II/vehicle registration document is tendered by the Federal Motor Transport Authority and published in the Verkehrsblatt. The new registration certificate II can only be issued and handed over after the tendering procedure has been completed.
What are the fees?
Fees are charged in accordance with the scale of fees for road traffic measures. Further information can be obtained from the vehicle registration authority.
Fee regulations for road traffic measures (GebOSt).
§ 12 FZV, § 5 STVG.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.