We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Motor vehicle: Registration certificate part I - Change vehicle data (technical change)
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Your vehicle is already registered and has been technically modified, for example by fitting a trailer coupling, using different wheel/tyre combinations, reducing the power of the motorcycle or similar.
A technical modification also exists if the vehicle is to be re-coded because, according to a manufacturer's certificate to be submitted, it has met a higher emissions standard since the date of first registration than is entered in the current registration documents.
Certain technical modifications must be inspected immediately by the technical inspection authority (TÜV Nord) or an officially recognized inspection organization (DEKRA, FSP, GTÜ, KÜS, TÜV Nord, TÜV Süd Autopartner GmbH):
- Changes to the vehicle type (only by an officially recognized expert),
- Changes to the exhaust or noise values, if they affect the vehicle tax or traffic bans (only by an officially recognized expert if the values deteriorate),
- Change in engine capacity or power,
- Increase in the maximum speed determined by the design,
- Reduction of the maximum speed determined by the design if this is relevant to the driving license or if tires of lower speed classes are to be used,
- Changes to the permissible axle loads, the total weight, the payload, fifth-wheel load, trailer load or towing capacity,
- Changes to the vehicle dimensions,
- changes to the number of seats or standing room in buses and coaches.
If the modification does not have to be entered in the vehicle documents, this is noted on the corresponding part approval.
Technical modifications must be entered in the vehicle documents in a number of cases (such as the conversion of a vehicle). In the event of an improvement in the exhaust emission standard achieved, the improvement only affects the vehicle tax payable once it has been entered in the vehicle documents.
If an entry in the vehicle documents is required, the vehicle must be presented to an officially recognized expert or a test engineer who confirms the proper installation, attachment or removal by means of an expert opinion.
Who should I contact?
To the district or district-free city (registration authority). Jurisdiction is based on the place of residence of the vehicle owner (main residence according to the identity card).
In the case of legal entities, it is the registered office of the main branch or the registered office of the branch; this also applies to a general partnership, limited partnership or for traders and self-employed persons with a fixed place of business.
Which documents are required?
In all cases:
- ZB I (formerly: vehicle registration document),
- ZB II (formerly: vehicle registration document),
- For companies, additionally business registration or extract from the commercial register,
- Identity card or passport with registration certificate from the residents' registration office or, in the case of foreign citizens, foreign identity card and registration certificate from the residents' registration office,
- If the vehicle type changes, a SEPA direct debit mandate must be submitted SEPA direct debit mandate
If you authorize a third party to enter the change, they will need a written power of attorney from you. They must also present a copy of your identity document to the registration authority. The third party must have the relevant identity document with them to prove their identity.
Additionally for technical modifications:
- If applicable, an expert opinion from an officially recognized expert or confirmation of acceptance from a test engineer from an approved test organization,
- Operating license from the parts manufacturer,
- Proof of the main inspection,
- certificate of the exhaust emission test,
- if the vehicle type has changed, a new electronic insurance confirmation.
What are the fees?
Fees are charged in accordance with the scale of fees for road traffic measures. The vehicle registration authority can provide you with more information on the amount of the fee.
- § Section 13 Ordinance on the Registration of Vehicles for Road Traffic (Fahrzeug-Zulassungsverordnung - FZV),
- Fee regulations for road traffic measures (GebOSt).
What else should I know?
TIP: Before installing or modifying the vehicle, ask an officially recognized expert for motor vehicle traffic or a test engineer from a monitoring organization whether the operating permit is affected or whether the modification can be approved at all.
Please note, however, that some technical modifications invalidate the operating permit for the vehicle. You must therefore apply for the changes to be entered in the registration certificate without delay. Driving with an expired operating license may be considered a criminal offence.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.