We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for an international driving license
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
International driving licenses are required for temporary stays in some countries, especially non-European countries. International driving licenses can be applied for at the driving license office responsible for your main place of residence. International driving licenses are only valid for a limited period of time. When applying, the applicant must be in possession of a valid EU/EEA driving license or a driving license from a third country and have reached the age of 18.
Please contact the driving license authority in the place where you have your main residence.
- Possession of a valid EU/EEA driving license or a driving license from a third country
- Completion of the 18th year of age
Which documents are required?
- Official proof of place and date of birth (e.g. identity card / passport)
- Current registration certificate, if applicable
- valid EU/EEA driving license according to a model to be used from 01.01.1999 or valid third country driving license, with translation if necessary
- current photograph (size 45x35mm, portrait format, frontal view). Information and examples can be found in the photo sample table (Bundesdruckerei).
What are the fees?
The fees are based on the scale of fees for road traffic measures.
§§ Sections 25a and 25b of the Driving License Ordinance (FeV)
Fee regulations for road traffic measures (GebOSt)
What else should I know?
The international driving license is only valid for a limited period of time.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Hessian Ministry of Economics, Energy, Transport and Housing
Professionally released on