We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for a rental car permit
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
You require a permit for the commercial transportation of passengers in rental cars. You can submit a corresponding application to the transport authority responsible for you in the respective independent city or district.
Proceed as follows to obtain a permit for the commercial transportation of passengers by rental car:
- Submit a corresponding application to the transport authority responsible for you in the respective independent city or district and enclose all the necessary documents with the application.
- The authority will process your application.
- You will receive a decision on the issue or re-issue of a rental car permit.
The traffic authority of the respective independent city or district is responsible.
- The safety and efficiency of the business is guaranteed.
- There are no facts indicating the unreliability of the applicant as an entrepreneur or the person appointed to manage the business.
- The applicant as entrepreneur or the person appointed to manage the business is professionally qualified.
- The applicant and the entrepreneurs commissioned by the applicant to provide transportation services must have their registered office or branch in Germany within the meaning of commercial law.
- Legal entities under public law are deemed to meet the requirements.
Which documents are required?
- Formal application (surname, first name of the applicant; place of residence and business; in the case of natural persons, date and place of birth; number of vehicles, vehicle type, capacity of the vehicles to be used)
- Certificates of employment or examination certificates (for professional suitability) of the applicant or the person appointed to manage the business
- Equity certificate / additional certificate (form in accordance with Section 2 (2) No. 2 / Section 2 (3) of the Professional Access Ordinance for Road Passenger Transport -PBZugV), not older than 3 months
- Clearance certificate from the tax office, the municipality, the social insurance institution and the employers' liability insurance association, not older than 3 months (from the company, the legal representative and the person appointed to manage the business / transport management)
- Certificate of good conduct for submission to the authorities in accordance with Section 30 (5) BZRG
- Extract from the central trade register in accordance with Section 150 (5) GewO (for companies)
- Extract from the driving aptitude register (FAER)
- Vehicle list, if applicable rental vehicles with rental contract or leasing list
- Proof of liability insurance for rental cars including risk identification number (WKZ)
- Business registration
What are the fees?
The amount of the fees depends on
- the number of vehicles and
- the term of the permit
The approval fee depends on the administrative burden and the value of the subject matter of the official act. Detailed information on this can be obtained from the competent authority.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Deadlines only start to run once a decision has been made on the application. If your application is complete, a decision will be made within 3 months. The deadline can be extended by 3 months if necessary.
The processing time may vary between the competent transport authorities. The processing time may depend, among other things, on whether all documents relevant to the decision have been submitted or whether additional requests for documents are necessary.
- Passenger Transport Act (PBefG),
- Professional Access Ordinance for Road Passenger Transport (PBZugV),
- Landesverordnung über die zuständigen Behörden nach dem Personenverkehrsrecht (Zuständigkeitsverordnung (PBefR – ZustVO),
- § 43 Ordinance on the Operation of Motor Undertakings in Passenger Transport (BOKraft).
- Appeal. Further information on how to lodge an objection can be found in the notification of your application.
- Appeal to the administrative court if an objection is unsuccessful.
Applications / forms
- Forms available: Yes
- Written form required: Yes
- Informal application possible: No
- Personal appearance necessary: No
- Online service available: No
What else should I know?
You can apply for an exemption according to § 43 BOKraft with regard to the omission of a distance counter or an alarm system for rental cars at the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Transport, Labour, Technology and Tourism of the State of Schleswig-Holstein.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry for Digital and Transport Affairs (BMDV)
Professionally released on