We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Calculate and set wastewater levy
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
In Germany, a wastewater tax is levied on the discharge of wastewater (sewage and stormwater) into surface waters or groundwater on the basis of federal and supplementary state law. The wastewater levy is collected by the individual states.
The competent body is determined by state law regulation of the individual federal states.
Anyone who discharges wastewater into a body of water is liable for the levy.
Which documents are required?
Required documentation varies depending on the discharge requirement for wastewater and/or stormwater.
Possible required documents for wastewater:
- Levy declaration for small dischargers
- Declaration of monitoring values
- Declaration of lower monitoring values as well as the resulting measurement results
- For industrial dischargers: application for deduction of pre-pollution
Possible required documents for precipitation water:
- Declaration of discharge for precipitation water
What are the fees?
A levy is payable to the respective federal state for the discharge of wastewater.
The amount of the levy depends on the number of pollution units (ZSE) determined and the levy rate on which it is based.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Persons liable to pay the levy for stormwater and/or small discharges shall submit a levy declaration to the competent body annually.
- Declarations of monitoring values shall be submitted not later than 1 month before the beginning of the assessment period (calendar year)
- Declarations of lower values according to are to be submitted 2 weeks before the period applied for
The processing time depends on the quality and volume of the applications and documents submitted.
Applications / forms
The designation and execution of the individual forms differs in the individual federal states. In general terms, there are the following declarations/forms.
- Declaration for precipitation water
- Declaration for small dischargers
- Declaration of monitoring values (§ 6 Abs. 1 AbwAG)
- Declaration of lower monitoring values (§ 4 Abs. 5 AbwAG)
- For industrial dischargers: Application for deduction of pre-pollution (§ 4 Abs. 3 AbwAG)
- If applicable, link to aforementioned forms: Federal state specific
- Online procedure possible: State-specific
What else should I know?
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Ministry for Environment, Energy, Food and Forestry Rhineland-Palatinate
Professionally released on