We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Pleasure craft license (SBF)
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Recreational boating licenses are certificates of competence and authorization to operate recreational craft on inland waterways and maritime waterways. Depending on the area of validity, different recreational boating licenses are required.
The recreational craft license with the scope of inland waterways (SBF Binnen) entitles the holder to operate recreational craft with a motor (including sailing boats) on inland waterways and other waters navigable by motorboats. It is required for vessels under 20 m in length and/or with an engine with more than 11.03 kW (15 HP). The minimum age is 16 years.
The recreational craft license with the scope of maritime shipping routes (SBF See) entitles the holder to operate recreational craft with a motor (including sailing boats) on maritime shipping routes. It is required for motorized vessels with more than 11.03 kW (15 HP). The minimum age here is also 16 years.
Who should I contact?
- To the German Sailing Association (DSV),
- the German Motor Yacht Association (DMYV),
- the local yacht and sailing club or
- the adult education centers.
- Minimum age SBF inland under sail: 14 years
- Minimum age for SBF with propulsion engine: 16 years
- Medical certificate for sport boat license applicants
- Presentation of valid motor vehicle driver's license or certificate of good conduct (waiver for minors)
What are the fees?
- Costs for a course, if applicable
- Current examination fees can be obtained from the German Sailing Association
What else should I know?
Further information as well as training and examination offers can be found at the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure, the Federal Waterways and Shipping Administration (WSV) and the Electronic Waterway Information System (ELWIS).
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Professionally released on