We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for professional advancement training funding
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Under the Upgrading Training Assistance Act (Aufstiegsfortbildungsförderungsgesetz - AFBG), the federal and state governments provide financial support for participation in vocational upgrading training measures by contributing to the costs of the measure and to living expenses. You are entitled to funding if you meet the legal requirements.
The funding includes state grants that do not have to be repaid. You also have the option of receiving a low-interest loan from the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW). This loan can be used to cover the difference between the state subsidy and the maximum funding amount.
The Aufstiegs-BAföG provides funding regardless of income:
- the course costs,
- the examination fees and
- the material costs for a master craftsman examination project.
In the case of full-time measures, living expenses are also subsidized depending on income.
Under certain conditions, you can claim the grant up to three times.
The office responsible for you will advise and inform you about funding opportunities with the Aufstiegs-BAföG. You can find the office responsible for you using the zip code search.
- You can apply for funding in writing or electronically to the office responsible for you.
- Once the complete application documents have been received, the responsible office will decide on the amount of funding and you will receive a decision on the state subsidy.
- You will then receive a contract offer from the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) regarding the possible supplementary loan.
- If you become ill during the training course, for example, you must inform both the training provider and the responsible body.
Who should I contact?
You are entitled to funding if, among other things:
- you are preparing for an eligible training objective,
- the preparatory measure comprises a certain minimum duration and number of teaching hours per week or month,
- the measure does not exceed a maximum time frame,
- the training provider is certified or has another quality assurance system in place and
- you meet the personal eligibility requirements.
Further information on the requirements can be found at https://www.aufstiegs-bafög.de.
Which documents are required?
You can find out which documents are required in your case on the application forms.
What are the fees?
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
The contribution to the measure must be applied for by the end of the measure at the latest, in the case of several independent sections by the end of the respective measure section.
The processing time depends on the submission of the complete application documents.
- Decision: objection; administrative court action
- Loan agreement: civil action
Applications / forms
- The forms required for an application for Aufstiegs-BAföG can be downloaded as fillable files at https://www.aufstiegs-bafoeg.de/de/antragsformulare-1702.html.
- You can also obtain the application forms from the relevant offices.
- Online procedure possible: yes
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance required: no
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Education and Research
Professionally released on