We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Vehicle: Green license plate
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Certain vehicles exempt from vehicle tax have license plates with green lettering and a green border on a white background. These include vehicles belonging to non-profit organizations, agricultural and forestry vehicles and certain trailers.
If the requirements for a green license plate are no longer met, the main customs office may impose a vehicle tax. From this point on, the green license plate is invalid and must be changed to black.
The application for the allocation of a green license plate must be submitted to the registration authority in connection with the registration of the vehicle. If your registration authority requires an application form, you can usually obtain this from them in advance or, depending on what the authority offers, download it from the Internet.
Who should I contact?
To the district or independent city (registration authority). Jurisdiction is based on the place of residence of the vehicle owner (main residence according to the identity card).
In the case of legal entities, it is the registered office of the main branch or the registered office of the branch; this also applies to a general partnership, limited partnership or for traders and self-employed persons with a fixed place of business.
Which documents are required?
- Registration certificate I (ZB I), (formerly: vehicle registration document) and
- in the case of vehicles not requiring registration, such as light motorcycles, the operating license, if applicable,
- the previous license plate(s),
- the certificates or evidence relevant to the tax exemption (e.g. notice from the pension office, proof of activity in agriculture or forestry).
What are the fees?
Fees are charged in accordance with the scale of fees for road traffic measures. Detailed information can be obtained from the responsible office.
- §§ Sections 9, 10 of the Ordinance on the Registration of Vehicles for Road Traffic (Fahrzeug-Zulassungsverordnung - FZV),
- Fee regulations for road traffic measures (GebOSt).
What else should I know?
Vehicles with the green license plate may not be used for other purposes. If the vehicle is used for any other purpose, this is an offense against the Motor Vehicle Tax Act and can be prosecuted.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.