We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Vehicle: License plate for classic cars (H)
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Vehicles are considered "historic" if they were first registered at least 30 years ago. The date of first registration is decisive.
These vehicles must primarily serve to maintain the vehicle's cultural heritage. Historic vehicles have an "H" in the last position of the registration number.
- The vehicle was first registered at least 30 years ago,
- there is an assessment by an officially recognized expert from a technical inspection body or a test engineer from an officially recognized inspection organization and
- the vehicle is largely in its original condition and in good condition.
- The application must be submitted in person or by a representative authorized in writing. The power of attorney must also include a direct debit authorization for the vehicle tax as well as your consent to the disclosure of the vehicle tax-relevant data to the authorized representative.
- If an application form is required, you can obtain this in advance from the relevant licensing authority or, depending on what the authority offers, you can download it from the Internet.
- If you would like to have a special license plate, the application/reservation can be made in person, in writing, by telephone or as an online service via the Internet, depending on the service offered by the authority.
- Your insurance company and the main customs office will be informed by the registration authority about the allocation of the license plate.
Who should I contact?
To the district or independent city (registration authority). Jurisdiction is based on the place of residence of the vehicle owner (main residence according to the identity card).
In the case of legal entities, it is the registered office of the main branch or the registered office of the branch; this also applies to a general partnership, limited partnership or for traders and self-employed persons with a fixed place of business.
Which documents are required?
- Valid identity card or passport with current confirmation of registration,
or (in the case of foreign citizens) a foreign identity card and registration certificate from the residents' registration office,
- in case of representation with written power of attorney additionally:
Identity card or passport with current registration confirmation of the authorized representative.
- For companies:
- natural persons: Business registration,
- legal entities: Business registration or extract from the commercial register,
- Partnership under civil law (GbR): Partnership agreement and power of attorney of the authorized signatories according to the contract.
- Electronic insurance confirmation,
- Direct debit authorization for vehicle tax (can also be filled out directly at the registration authority),
- If applicable, confirmation of reservation for the desired license plate.
- If the vehicle is registered additionally:
- Registration certificate part I (vehicle registration document),
- Registration certificate part II (vehicle registration document).
- The previously assigned license plates,
- Certificate § 23 StVZO (certificate for the classification of a vehicle as a classic car) and main inspection.
- If the vehicle was decommissioned before October 1, 2005, additionally:
- Certificate of decommissioning,
- vehicle registration document,
- Certificate according to § 23 StVZO (certificate for the classification of a vehicle as a classic car) and general inspection.
- If no operating license is available additionally:
- Registration certificate part II (old vehicle registration document),
- Expert opinion according to § 23 StVZO (expert opinion for the classification of a vehicle as a classic car) and general inspection,
- Full certificate according to § 21 StVZO.
Please submit original documents or officially certified copies.
What are the fees?
Fees are charged in accordance with the scale of fees for road traffic measures. Detailed information on this can be obtained from the competent authority.
- § Section 6 in conjunction with Section 9 of the Ordinance on the Registration of Vehicles for Road Traffic (Fahrzeug-Zulassungsverordnung - FZV),
- § Section 23 of the Road Traffic Licensing Regulations (StVZO),
- Fee regulations for road traffic measures (GebOSt).
What else should I know?
Vehicles with a "historic license plate" ("H license plate") are subject to a flat-rate vehicle tax of 46.02 euros for motorcycles and 191.73 euros for all other vehicles.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.