We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for a travel trade license
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
You operate a traveling trade and require a permit from the competent authority (traveling trade card) if you commercially without prior appointment outside your commercial establishment or without having such an establishment
- offer goods for sale or seek out or purchase orders or
- offer services or seek orders for services.
This includes in particular activities such as
- visiting homes or stores (door-to-door sales) without prior order,
- offering goods and services on the street or in public places,
- entertaining activities as a showman or in the manner of a showman (typical fairground business).
The prerequisite for the granting of the permit (travel trade license) is the personal reliability of the applicant with regard to the specific travel trade activity envisaged.
For the exercise of licensed trades (including security guards, real estate agents, property developers, construction supervisors, investment advisors, insurance brokers, insurance advisors) in the travel trade, additional requirements are imposed in accordance with the requirements for established trades.
Any expansion of the commercial activity or the goods and services offered is subject to renewed approval and will be added to the existing traveling trade license upon application. The traveling trade license is valid nationwide.
If you employ staff, they will require a duplicate or certified copy of your traveling trade card. The traveling trade card or a copy or duplicate must be carried during the traveling trade activity.
Travel tradecard-exempt activity
You do not need a traveling trade card for some traveling trade activities. This applies, for example, to
- the sale of foodstuffs or other everyday goods if these are sold by non-fixed, i.e. mobile, sales outlets at regular short intervals at the same location,
- the offering for sale of printed works in street sales (mobile newspaper sales)
However, these activities are subject to the other provisions for the itinerant trade (e.g. the obligation to notify), unless otherwise specified there.
Once you have submitted the application for a traveling trade license to your competent authority and all documents are complete, the competent authority will check whether you meet the relevant requirements.
If all documents are complete, you will receive the requested travel trade license.
Who should I contact?
To the competent municipal, local or city administration (public order office) in which you have your habitual residence or in which the company has or will have its registered office.
Depends on the respective national law
- Commercial reliability
(Reliability is checked on the basis of various documents. As a rule, you do not have the required reliability if you have been convicted of a crime or of theft, embezzlement, extortion, fraud, embezzlement, money laundering, forgery, receiving stolen goods, usury or an offense against the Unfair Competition Act in the five years prior to submitting the application).
Which documents are required?
- Identity document
- Identity card or other official identification document with photo (not required for electronic applications).
- Residence permit if the applicant is not a national of an EU country.
- Certificate of good conduct for presentation to an authority
- according to document type O.
- Extract from the central trade register for submission to an authority
- according to document type 9.
- Current excerpt from the commercial or association register
- Registeredcompanies should submit a current extract from the register when applying. Legal entities in the process of being founded (GmbH, AG) submit the articles of association or articles of incorporation.
- If applicable, certificate from the public health department confirming instruction in accordance with the Infection Protection Act
- According to the regulations of the Infection Protection Act, this is only required when manufacturing, treating or placing food on the market
What are the fees?
Is based on the respective administrative fee schedule of the federal state or on the fee statutes of the authorities responsible under federal state law.
Fee: 70,00 EURPayment in advance: NoThe fee for issuing a travel trade license is EUR 70.00.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
The itinerant trade license must be issued before the start of the activity, so it is necessary to submit the application in good time (several weeks before the intended start of operations).
If you have applied for a permit for a traveling trade activity, the permit is deemed to have been granted if the authority has not made a decision on your application within three months of receiving the complete documentation
It is an offense to operate without the required travel trade license.
If the documents are complete, the application will be processed promptly.
- § Section 55 of the Trade, Commerce and Industry Regulation Act (GewO)
- §§ Sections 55a, 55b of the Trade Regulation Act (GewO)
- Appeal (depending on national law, the appeal may be excluded)
- Administrative court action
Applications / forms
- Online procedure possible: yes (if offered)
- Written form required: no
- Personal appearance required: no
What else should I know?
If you have a traveling trade card, you are obliged to carry it with you while carrying out your trade. If you use a sales outlet or other facility (e.g. a sales trolley), you must display your surname and first name or company name visibly on the outside.
Self-employed entertainment activities as a showman or showwoman or as a showman or showwoman belong to the traveling trade and require a traveling trade card on the part of the person running the business. If the person running the business does not work at the location of the performance themselves, they must provide the employees present there with a duplicate of the traveling trade license.
Anyone who is self-employed as a showman or showwoman or who carries out an insurable activity in the traveling trade must take out liability insurance for himself and the persons employed in his business to cover personal injury and property damage caused by his or their activity and maintain it for the duration of his activity.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.