We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Vehicle: Red 07 (classic car license plate)
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
A red license plate can be applied for vehicles that were first registered at least 30 years ago. The date of first registration is decisive.
For license plates issued up to February 28, 2007, whose time limit expires before the vehicle in question is 30 years old, there is grandfathering protection in most federal states.
The red 07 license plate is an alternative to the H license plate and is particularly worthwhile if you own several classic vehicles. With the issued license plate, the vehicles registered under the 07 number can be used as often as desired.
You may only use this license plate in the following cases:
- Participation in events that serve to showcase vintage vehicles and the "care of motor vehicle cultural assets", as well as for journeys to and from such events.
- Test drives, test drives and transfer drives,
- journeys for the purpose of vehicle maintenance and repair.
- First registered at least 30 years ago,
- Certificate from an officially recognized expert or inspector for motor vehicle traffic or a test engineer from an officially recognized inspection organization in accordance with Section 23 of the German Road Traffic Licensing Regulations (StVZO),
- largely original condition and good state of preservation of the vehicle,
- reliability of the owner.
The requirements for obtaining a red classic car license plate may also vary from case to case. Please enquire at the registration authority responsible for you.
- Once the application has been received, it will be checked whether the applicant is personally reliable. For this purpose, the municipal or city administration responsible for the applicant and the responsible police authority will be consulted. An extract from the driving aptitude register is also required.
- The competent registration authority issues a vehicle registration booklet for several vehicles or a special vehicle registration certificate for each vehicle, even if only one red license plate is applied for. In the case of one license plate and several vehicles, only one of these vehicles may be used at a time. Each use of the license plate must be documented with a logbook for the respective vehicle.
Who should I contact?
To the district or independent city (registration authority). Jurisdiction is based on the place of residence of the vehicle owner (main residence according to the identity card).
In the case of legal entities, it is the registered office of the main branch or the registered office of the branch; this also applies to a general partnership, limited partnership or for traders and self-employed persons with a fixed place of business.
Which documents are required?
- Valid identity card or passport with current registration certificate,
or (for foreign nationals) foreign identity card and registration certificate from the residents' registration office,
- Registration certificate part II (vehicle registration documents) of the vehicles that are to be registered. If a registration certificate part II is no longer available, a data sheet from a technical inspection authority and proof of ownership (purchase contract) must be submitted.
- List of vehicles for which a red license plate is requested,
- Expert opinion in accordance with § 23 StVZO on the classification of the vehicle(s) as a classic car,
- Information from the driving aptitude register and federal central register (points file and certificate of good conduct),
- Insurance confirmation for red classic car license plates.
If you authorize a third party to carry out the registration, they will need a written power of attorney from you. He/she must also present a copy of your identity card and his/her own identity card at the registration office.
What are the fees?
Fees are charged in accordance with the scale of fees for road traffic measures. Detailed information can be obtained from the responsible office.
- § Section 17 of the Ordinance on the Registration of Vehicles for Road Traffic (Vehicle Registration Ordinance - FZV),
- § Section 23 of the Road Traffic Licensing Regulations (StVZO),
- Fee regulations for road traffic measures (GebOSt).
What else should I know?
Vehicles with this license plate are subject to a flat-rate vehicle tax of currently 46.02 euros for motorcycles and 191.73 euros for all other vehicles.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.