We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Driving license: Passenger transport
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
An additional permit (passenger transport driver's license - FzF) is required if you drive an ambulance if passengers are transported in the vehicle for a fee or for business purposes, or if you drive a motor vehicle if passengers are transported in the vehicle and a permit is required for this transport in accordance with the Passenger Transport Act.
This means that if you transport passengers in a cab, a rental car, an ambulance, a passenger car on scheduled services or on commercial excursions or vacation destination trips, you need a passenger transport license in addition to the general driving license.
- Driving license required for driving the vehicle,
- Minimum age: 21 years, (if the driving license for passenger transport is restricted to ambulances: 19 years),
- Possession of a category B driver's license (or equivalent) for at least 2 years, (if the driver's license for passenger transport is restricted to ambulances: for at least one year or proof that you have held this license for at least 2 years in the last 5 years).
Who should I contact?
To the district or independent city (driving license authority). The responsibility depends on the place of residence (main residence according to the identity card).
Which documents are required?
- Official photo ID (identity card, passport),
- if a passport is presented, additional registration certificate from the registration office responsible for the main place of residence,
- Proof of possession of an EU/EEA driving license,
- Proof that the vision requirements are met,
- Proof of physical and mental aptitude and of fulfillment of the "special requirements" in accordance with Annex 5 No. 2 of the Driving License Ordinance (FeV),
- Certificate of good conduct stating the intended use "Granting of a driving license for passenger transport".
From 02.08.2021, the local knowledge test will be replaced by the new certificate of competence. The exact content and the institution responsible for this are currently still being negotiated by the Federal Ministry of Transport and will only be determined in the future. The certificate of professional competence will then be required for the areas of cabs, rental cars and bundled on-demand transport.
What are the fees?
The driving license authority charges fees in accordance with the scale of fees for road traffic measures (GebOSt).
- § Section 48, Annex 5, Annex 6 Ordinance on the Admission of Persons to Road Traffic (Driving License Ordinance - FeV),
- Fee regulations for road traffic measures (GebOSt).
What else should I know?
Information on driving licenses and driving license law can also be found on the website of the Schleswig-Holstein Ministry of Economics, Labour, Transport and Technology (MWAVT).
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Professionally released on