We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Metrology and calibration
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Eichdirektion Nord calibrates, tests and monitors all measuring devices in commercial use in Hamburg, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern and Schleswig-Holstein. It thus ensures the highest level of consumer protection and legal certainty in trade. It is also the point of contact for industry and trade for all questions and problems relating to measuring devices in legal metrology.
Its mandate includes
- to protect consumers and companies when purchasing measurable goods and services and to create the conditions for correct measurement in commercial transactions in the interests of fair trade,
- to ensure measurement reliability in health protection, occupational health and safety, environmental protection and similar areas of public interest,
- to strengthen confidence in official measurements (for example in traffic monitoring),
- to support the harmonization of legal metrology by participating in the relevant committees and
- to promote the metrological competence of small and medium-sized enterprises.
Among other things, scales, mineral oil meters, taximeters, speed measuring devices and consumption meters for gas, electricity, water and heat are calibrated and monitored. In the area of pre-packaging, the correct filling quantity is checked at manufacturers, importers and retailers. Regulatory action is taken against so-called deceptive packaging (pre-packaging that pretends to have a larger filling quantity). Market and usage monitoring of measuring devices placed on the market and kept in stock.
For the civilian sector, the Verification Directorate North carries out the safety testing of weapons, cannons and firecrackers in its Proof House.
Furthermore, as Notified Body No. 108, it carries out conformity assessment procedures for the initial placing on the market of measuring instruments in the area of the EU Directive "Non-automatic weighing instruments" and the EU Directive "Measuring Instruments Directive".
Who should I contact?
To the Verification Directorate North (public law institution), with its offices and branch offices in Kiel, Hamburg, Rostock, Lübeck and Neubrandenburg as well as the Proof House in Eckernförde.
What are the fees?
The Verification Directorate North is entitled to payment of:
- Fees and expenses for the verification of measuring instruments and for other activities in accordance with the Verification Act and the legal ordinances based on it,
- Fees and expenses in commissioned matters,
- administrative fees and expenses for the performance of official acts and for unsuccessful appeal proceedings.
- Conformity assessment procedures are governed by private law and are agreed in contracts.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
The calibration periods for different types of measuring devices are specified by law. The meter must be presented for calibration in good time before the calibration period expires. Calibration is carried out upon request, which must be submitted at least 10 weeks before the end of the calibration period.
- Directive 2014/32/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 February 2014 on the harmonization of the laws of the Member States relating to the making available on the market of measuring instruments,
- Directive 214/31/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 February 2014 on the harmonization of the laws of the Member States relating to the making available on the market of non-automatic weighing instruments,
- Act on the placing and making available on the market, use and verification of measuring instruments and on prepackages (Measuring and Verification Act - MessEG),
- Law on units in metrology and the determination of time (Units and Time Act - EinhZeitG),
- Ordinance on Fees for Metrology and Verification (MessEGebV).
What else should I know?
Calibration applications, technical information, FAQs, contact details and further information are available on the homepage www.ed-nord.de applications.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.