We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Public veterinary services protect animal and human health. It is an important part of consumer protection, agriculture, the food industry and animal welfare.
The tasks of the public veterinary sector are:
- maintaining animal health, i.e. protecting the life and welfare of animals and preventing suffering,
- preventing and controlling certain diseases communicable from animals to humans or from animal to animal (animal disease control),
- protecting humans against risks and damage to health, as well as against misleading and deceiving by food and products of animal origin,
- maintaining and increasing the quality of food of animal origin,
- import and export of live animals and products of animal origin,
- protecting the environment from the harmful effects of animals, animal products and waste, and
- veterinary professional law.
Who should I contact?
- To the Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Areas, Europe and Consumer Protection (MLLEV)),
- the State Laboratory (Food, Veterinary and Environmental Investigation Office) Schleswig-Holstein or
- to the districts/independent cities (veterinary offices).
What else should I know?
A list of veterinary offices and further information can also be found in the state portal "Agriculture and Environment Schleswig-Holstein".
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.