We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Paying the waste fee
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
For the use of public waste disposal facilities, the public waste management authorities (districts, independent cities or special-purpose associations) charge fees or private user charges to cover the associated costs. In some cases, the fees are collected by the contracted waste management companies.
The expenses to be covered by the waste fee include in particular the costs for
- Collecting, transporting and disposing of waste from households as well as disposal waste from commercial enterprises, other commercial enterprises or public institutions,
- the marketing of recyclable materials,
- waste consulting,
- planning, construction, operation, aftercare, recultivation and renaturation of waste recycling and disposal facilities and
- the formation of reserves for the foreseeable future costs of decommissioning and aftercare at waste recycling and disposal facilities.
The scale of charges is intended to create effective incentives for prevention and recycling.
Who should I contact?
To the districts or independent cities or to the third parties commissioned by them.
What are the fees?
Details on the calculation of the fee or the private-law usage fee can be found in the waste fee statutes or in the general terms and conditions of the respective public waste disposal authority or commissioned third party.
- Act to Promote the Circular Economy and Ensure the Environmentally Sound Management of Waste (Circular Economy Act - KrWG),
- Waste Management Act for the State of Schleswig-Holstein (State Waste Management Act - LAbfWG),
- Municipal Fees Act of the State of Schleswig-Holstein (KAG).
What else should I know?
You can find the responsible contact persons for waste management in Schleswig-Holstein on the state portal "Agriculture and Environment Schleswig-Holstein".
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.