We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Register for admission to an elementary school
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
All children who turn six by June 30 of the current calendar year are required to attend school. However, younger children can also be enrolled at the request of their parents.
The elementary school has four year groups. Years one and two form an educational unit as the entry phase. With the entry phase, the elementary school caters to the different knowledge and abilities of children starting school in a special way:
- The children pass through the entry level of elementary school flexibly in one, two or three school years, depending on their learning and ability.
- For this reason, cross-grade learning groups can be formed, particularly in the entry phase. The school decides on the structure of the entry phase.
For some years now, all elementary school in Schleswig-Holstein have been reliable: the reliable elementary school guarantees all pupils lessons within a reliable time frame. For children in Years 1 and 2, reliable school hours are four hours a day, for children in Years 3 and 4 at least five hours a day.
This includes 15 hours of lessons per week for first and second graders and 19.5 hours for third and fourth graders. In this way, the reliable elementary school enables more education and upbringing and makes it easier for parents to reconcile family and career.
In addition, many elementary school offer childcare or open all-day programs that children can attend before and after school. The childcare services are supported by parents' associations and local authorities and funded by the state.
- The elementary school responsible will ask you to register your child who is due to start school at the elementary school.
- You will receive an appointment for registration at the elementary school.
- You will receive an appointment for a school medical examination.
- The result of the school medical examination will be forwarded directly to the school.
Who should I contact?
Elementary school in your school catchment area
- Before admission to school, you are obliged to have your child examined by a school doctor.
- The examination is initiated by the responsible health authority. You will receive an invitation.
- Your child will be six years old by June 30.
Which documents are required?
- Birth certificate of the child
- Identity card for verification of identity
- Proof of sole custody, if applicable
- If applicable, power of attorney and copy of the identity card of the legal guardian(s) who cannot attend the registration in person
- Vaccination certificate or medical certificate (measles protection)
What are the fees?
Administration fee: free of charge
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
You will find the registration deadlines in the school's letter.
Applications / forms
What else should I know?
If you register your child at a private elementary school, you must still register at the public elementary school responsible for you.
If your child has been accepted at a private elementary school and you no longer require a place at a public elementary school, please submit a declaration of renunciation. You will receive a corresponding form from the private elementary school.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Ministry for General and Vocational Education, Science, Research and Culture of the State of Schleswig-Holstein
Professionally released on