We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for admission to a grammar school
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
The grammar school provides according to aptitude and performance pupils pupils who have completed elementary school an in-depth general education, which meets the requirements for admission to university studies or comparable vocational training. The Abitur examination leads to the general higher education entrance qualification certificate.
As of the 2019/20 school year, the nine-year course of education leading to the Abitur will become the norm at grammar schools, starting with the 5th and 6th years. The existing G8 years will be phased out. One of the 99 public grammar schools will continue to offer only the eight-year course of education. Three grammar schools offer both the nine-year and eight-year courses in parallel (so-called Y model).
The state of Schleswig-Holstein supports G8 lunchtime supervision and open all-day schools at grammar schools.
Who should I contact?
To the head teachers of the respective grammar schools.
Which documents are required?
To register at the grammar school:
- Semi-annual report of grade 4,
- school transfer recommendation,
- learning plan, if applicable.
What are the fees?
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Registration for secondary schools is subject to deadlines published by the Ministry of Schools and Vocational Training of Schleswig-Holstein in September for the coming school year.
- Schleswig-Holstein School Act (Schulgesetz - SchulG),
- State Ordinance on Admission and Progression by Year Level at Grammar Schools (Secondary Level I) (SAVOGym),
- State ordinance on the organization of the upper secondary level and the Abitur examination at grammar schools and community schools (OAPVO),
- State ordinance on the orientation stage (OStVO).
What else should I know?
Further information on grammar schools in Schleswig-Holstein can be found on the state portal "Bildung Schleswig-Holstein".
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.