We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Have your address changed on your ID card
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
If your address has changed, for example after moving house, you must enter your new address on your ID card and have it changed in the chip. To do this, an address sticker with your new address will be affixed to your ID card.
Even if you move abroad, no longer have an address in Germany and your address abroad has not yet been determined, your ID card must be changed. The address sticker will then state that you no longer have an address in Germany.
If you apply for the change of address in person:
- You use the digital service of electronic residence registration or
- You register in person at the Citizens' Registration Office at your new place of residence.
- You present your valid ID card and your registration confirmation.
- The Citizens' Registration Office at your new place of residence will change the address in the chip on your ID card and affix an address sticker with your new address to your ID card.
You can authorize another person in writing to change the address on your ID card at the Citizens' Registration Office at your new place of residence.
Who should I contact?
To your municipal, official or city administration (citizens' office, formerly: residents' registration office).
- Your identity card is valid.
- You have already registered your new address with your local registration office.
Which documents are required?
- valid identity card
- current confirmation of registration
What are the fees?
There are no costs.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
You must have your new address changed on your identity card immediately after moving.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of the Interior and for Home Affairs (BMI)
Professionally released on