We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Passport: Temporary passport
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
A temporary passport is only issued in special individual cases, for example if a passport is needed immediately and it is not possible to issue a regular passport or an express passportby the time of first use. The passport authority may require the presentation of suitable supporting documents (e.g. flight ticket for a trip to be made at short notice).
The period of validity of temporary passports must be adapted to the respective purpose of use, but may not exceed one year. An extension of the period of validity is not permitted. The loss of a temporary passport must be reported immediately.
Who should I contact?
To your municipal, local or city administration (passport office, citizens' office).
Which documents are required?
- Old/expired passport (if available) or child's passport/child's identity card (if available),
- Current photograph: frontal photograph according to international standards (biometric photograph),
- If applicable, a declaration of consent from the non-custodial parent in the case of joint custody or proof of custody in the case of only one custodial parent for persons up to the age of 18,
- If applicable, ID card or copy of ID card of the parent with custody who is not present,
- identity card and
- Certificate with current name (birth, marriage, marriage certificate, family register, declaration of name, etc.). Mandatory when issued for the first time.
What are the fees?
A fee of 26.00 euros will be charged.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
The document should be requested as soon as the need arises.
- Passport Act (PaßG),
- Ordinance on the Implementation of the Passport Act (Passport Ordinance - PassV),
- General Administrative Regulation on the Implementation of the Passport Act (Passport Administration Regulation - PassVwV).
What else should I know?
The temporary passport does not entitle you to enter the USA without a visa under the "Visa Waiver Program". Current information on entry regulations of foreign countries can be found on the website of the Federal Foreign Office.
When applying for a temporary passport, you should also apply for a permanent passport .
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.