We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Applying for a civil partnership certificate
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
If you have registered a civil partnership and need a new civil partnership certificate, you can apply for this at the registry office. To do this, please contact the registry office where you entered into the civil partnership.
The civil partnership certificate proves the establishment of your civil partnership and contains the first and last names at the time of establishment and before, the place and date of birth of the civil partners, the place and date of establishment of the civil partnership and details of the religious community of the civil partners.
You can request a civil partnership certificate at any time from the registry office in whose area you established the civil partnership.
You can obtain the civil partnership certificate in the following forms:
- Civil partnership certificate
- Certified printout from the civil partnership register
A certified printout from the civil partnership register shows all the data entered by the registry office in connection with the conclusion of the civil partnership;
You will receive the certificate, including any marginal notes, either as a
- a new printout from the electronic register (if already held by your registry office) or
- as a copy or verbatim copy of the civil partnership entry from the civil partnership register.
In addition to the details, the printout also contains any subsequent changes, such as dissolution notices.
Responsible registry office
Civil partnership certificates contain personal data, so their issue is subject to data protection restrictions.
You are eligible to apply under the following conditions:
- You are at least 16 years old
- You are one of the civil partners to whom the certificate relates
- You are the parents of the civil partner
- you are a child of the civil partner, or
- you are a sibling of the partner with a legitimate interest
Other persons, including close relatives such as aunts and uncles, will only receive a certificate if they can credibly demonstrate a legal interest (e.g. by means of a letter from the probate court).
If the civil partnership was applied for abroad, you must first have it certified in Germany.
Which documents are required?
To apply for a civil partnership certificate, you will need
- Your identity card or passport
- if applying for or collecting by a representative: written authorization from the authorized person, their identity card or passport and the identity card or passport of the representative
- for other persons, proof of their legal interest
What are the fees?
Costs may be incurred for the issue of a certificate. Please contact the relevant registry office.
Depending on the individual case
Instruction by the civil status court according to § 49 PStG
What else should I know?
If the civil partnership data changes, for example due to a change of name or dissolution of the civil partnership, the civil partnership entry is supplemented by a subsequent certification. A new civil partnership certificate can be issued upon request.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Senator for Internal Affairs, Department 23 - Civil Status Law, of the State of Bremen
Professionally released on