We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for an express passport
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
You can identify yourself with a passport when you travel to other countries. If you need a passport urgently, you can apply for it in an express procedure at a citizens' office. Your new passport will then be ready faster. You will have to pay more for this.
The normal passport has 32 pages. If you travel a lot, you can apply for a passport with 48 pages. Both variants can be applied for using the express procedure.
You can apply for your passport using the express procedure at your local Citizens' Registration Office at your main place of residence. Applications can be made at any other citizens' registration office if an important reason is presented; a surcharge for lack of jurisdiction will apply.
You can only apply for an express passport on site at the Citizens' Registration Office. Only you can do this in person. The application is completed by the authority staff. All you have to do is sign it. When you apply, your fingerprints will be taken for storage in the passport chip (usually a flat print of your left and right index finger).
The passport is produced by Bundesdruckerei GmbH and sent to the authorities. You can then collect the passport from the authority.
Who should I contact?
To your municipal, local or city administration.
There must be no grounds for refusal.
Which documents are required?
- Biometric passport photo: The photo must be
- be up-to-date and
- meet the requirements for photos for electronic passports.
- if available and not yet validated: old passport
- if available: valid identification document, e.g. identity card, or old passport if it is still valid.
- under certain circumstances: Civil status certificate such as birth certificate, marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate, if personal details differ from the data stored in the population register.
What are the fees?
- if you are younger than 24 years: EUR 37.50
- if you are 24 years or older: EUR 70.00
- for an express application: additional EUR 32.00
- for a passport with 48 pages: additional EUR 22.00
The fees are doubled if
- the passport has to be issued outside official office hours or
- you do not apply for the passport to be issued at your main place of residence.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
- up to 24 years: 6 years
- from 24 years: 10 years
- usually within 3 working days
Applications / forms
- Forms: none
- Online procedure possible: no
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance required: yes
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of the Interior, Building and Community, Ref. DV 2
Professionally released on