We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for a temporary identity card
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
You can use the temporary ID card, for example, to bridge the time until a regular ID card is issued.
Your temporary ID card is valid for a maximum of 3 months.
You must return the old temporary or regular ID card when you are issued with the new temporary ID card.
You must apply for the temporary ID card in person.
- Apply for the temporary ID card at the citizens' office at your main place of residence.
- If you do not apply for your temporary ID card at your main place of residence, you need an important reason. Please contact your chosen Citizens' Registration Office to find out whether they will accept your reason.
- The Citizens' Registration Office will issue you with the temporary ID card.
Who should I contact?
To your responsible municipal, official or city administration (citizens' office, formerly: residents' registration office).
You can apply for a temporary identity card if
- you have German citizenship,
- are registered in Germany and
- do not have a valid identity card.
You are obliged to apply for a provisional ID card if you
- have German citizenship,
- are registered in Germany,
- do not have a valid identity card or passport and
- have reached the age of 16.
Which documents are required?
- Current biometric passport photo
- If available and not yet validated: old identity card or passport or temporary identity card or children's passport (valid or already expired)
- If no valid passport or identity card is available: Birth certificate, marriage certificate
- For children under the age of 16: if applicable, a declaration of consent from the parent with custody who is not present
- if there is only one parent or legal guardian, additional proof of custody
What are the fees?
Fee: 10,00 EURPayment in advance: No
Fee: 13,00 EURPayment in advance: NoSurcharge on the fee for applications submitted outside office hours or not at the main place of residence
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Period of validity: 3 Months
What else should I know?
The following information is available:
- You can apply for the provisional ID card and the new, regular ID card in Germany at the same time.
- You cannot apply for the provisional ID card abroad.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of the Interior and for Home Affairs (BMI)
Professionally released on