We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Vehicle: transfer to another owner - outside the registration district
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
If a vehicle is to be transferred to a new owner in a different district/city, an application must be submitted to the vehicle registration office responsible for the new owner. The registration office will then allocate a new license plate (change of registration).
The application can be made in person or by an authorized representative.
You must have already deregistered with your previous municipality and registered with the new municipality.
The application for a change of registration must be submitted to the registration office at your new place of residence. You can also authorize a representative to carry out the transfer.
If an application form is required, you can obtain this in advance from the registration office and complete it at home. Depending on the services offered by your registration authority, a download form or an online service via the Internet may be available.
If you want a preferred license plate number when you re-register, the reservation can be made many times before the re-registration, depending on the service offered by the registration authority.
Who should I contact?
To the district or independent city (registration office). Responsibility is based on the place of residence of the vehicle owner (main residence according to the identity card).
In the case of legal entities, it is the registered office of the main branch or the registered office of the branch; this also applies to a general partnership, limited partnership or for traders and self-employed persons with a fixed place of business.
Which documents are required?
- Identity card or passport with registration certificate from the registration office of the place of residence,
- Registration certificate Part II (vehicle registration document) or, in the case of vehicles not requiring registration but subject to registration, the operating license,
- Registration certificate part I (vehicle registration document),
- license plate number for registered vehicles,
- SEPA direct debit mandate (direct debit authorization),
- Electronic insurance confirmation from the liability insurer,
- Test report from the last general inspection (not required for vehicles whose first general inspection was not yet due or for vehicles for which the due date of the next general inspection is evident to the registration authority from another official document - § 29 Para. 10 StVZO).
Additionally when applying:
- by a representative:If you appoint a third party to carry out the registration, they will need a written power of attorney from you. They must also present a copy of your identity document to the registration authority. The representative must have the appropriate identity document with them to prove their identity.
- for companies (GmbH, AG, OHG):
Extract from the commercial register (proof of address required), business registration (proof of address required), power of attorney of the managing director or personal appearance of the managing director.
- for admission of minors: written declaration of consent from the legal guardian(s) and presentation of identity card(s).
- for associations:
Extract from the register of associations; identity card and power of attorney of the named representative.
- for companies under civil law:
Complete overview of the shareholders (usually shareholders' agreement); power of attorney and declaration as to which natural person is to be authorized (confirmed by signature of all shareholders).
What are the fees?
Fees are charged in accordance with the scale of fees for road traffic measures. Further information can be obtained from the responsible office.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Your vehicle must be re-registered immediately.
- § 6 Ordinance on the Registration of Vehicles for Road Traffic (Fahrzeug-Zulassungsverordnung - FZV),
- § Section 29 of the Road Traffic Licensing Regulations (StVZO),
- Fee regulations for road traffic measures (GebOSt).
What else should I know?
The new vehicle documents, registration certificate part I - ZB I(old: vehicle registration document) and registration certificate part II - ZB II(old: vehicle registration document) have been in place since October 1, 2005. These are standardized in the European Union (EU). The vehicle owner is not required to exchange them. The previous vehicle documents are exchanged for the new documents (ZB I and ZB II) as soon as the registration authority issues new vehicle documents.
Since 2007, a vehicle can only be registered to a private individual's main residence.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.