We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for a certificate of eligibility for housing
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
The apartments subsidized with funds from social housing subsidies (so-called social housing) are subject to occupancy and rent control. This means that the owner may only rent the apartments to households that are entitled to occupy the apartment. This authorization is issued with the certificate of eligibility for housing. In addition, the apartment may not exceed a certain rent level. The rent is usually lower than that of other apartments.
Which households can obtain a certificate of eligibility for social housing?
A certificate of eligibility for social housing can be issued if certain requirements are met. The applicant must form a household with the members of his or her household in accordance with Section 8 (5) SHWoFG and the income limit applicable to this household must be met. The income is checked by the authority to which the application for a housing entitlement certificate is submitted.
In addition, the size of an apartment that may be occupied generally depends on the size of the household (appropriate apartment size).
The following living space limits apply:
- for single persons with a living space of up to 50 m²
- for households with two people with a living space of up to 60 m² or two living rooms
- for households with three persons with a living space of up to 75 m² or three living rooms
- for households with four persons with a living space of up to 90 m² or four living rooms
- for households with five persons with a living space of up to 105 m² or five living rooms
For each additional person in the household, the appropriate apartment size is increased by one room or 10 m² of living space.
Holders of a housing entitlement certificate belong to the group of people who are allowed to rent social housing. However, they do not automatically receive social housing with the housing entitlement certificate, but must look for the social housing themselves. The social housing must be the sole primary residence; it may not be used as a secondary residence.
Who should I contact?
To your municipal, local or city administration (housing office, housing benefit authority).
Which documents are required?
- Identity card or passport
(foreign citizens must also provide proof of their residence status (residence title/residence permit),
- Proof of income of the applicant and members of his/her household,
- birth certificate(s) of the child/children, if applicable,
- if applicable, certificate of severe disability or proof of assignment to at least care degree 2,
- maternity passport/medical certificate of pregnancy, if applicable,
- current certificate of study, if applicable,
- if applicable, school certificate (for pupils outside compulsory education).
What are the fees?
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
- No application deadlines.
- The period of validity of a residence entitlement certificate is 1 year. It must be reissued each time you move, regardless of the period of validity
Applications / forms
You can obtain the application for a housing entitlement certificate from the responsible office.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.