We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
The districts and independent cities are obliged to set up a specialist medical service (public health service) to fulfill their public health service duties. In Schleswig-Holstein, public health officers are all doctors who work in the public health service and have completed special further training in the field of public health. (In the past, however, the medical director of the municipal health authorities was usually referred to as a public health officer).
One of their main tasks is to carry out medical examinations and assessments and to issue expert opinions, certificates and attestations. Many legal provisions expressly require an official medical examination. They are often commissioned even if this is not expressly required. One of the reasons for this is that public health officers are characterized by their particular independence and their special additional expertise in the field of public administration.
Public health officers perform other activities, for example in the areas of health prevention, infection protection and environmental hygiene. They work on behalf of other authorities as well as private individuals.
Examples of official medical activities and examinations on behalf of authorities:
- Recruitment examinations of applicants for the civil service,
- Determination of health suitability for certain professions,
- Fitness for duty of civil servants,
- Fitness for work of employees in the public sector,
- Assessments in accordance with SGB XII,
- Determination of the medical necessity of remedies and aids as well as medical and sanatorium cures for public sector employees,
- Assessment of capacity for imprisonment, negotiating capacity, culpability, capacity for work/employment, care in the legal sense for courts,
- Determination of a person's fitness to travel, for example for courts and immigration authorities,
- Determination of fitness to drive a motor vehicle,
- Determination of the need for care in accordance with SGB XI.
Examples of official medical activities and examinations on behalf of private individuals:
- Students: Waiver of tuition fees for health reasons,
- Students: Determination of inability to take examinations for health reasons,
- Students: Extension of the deadline for submitting a thesis due to illness,
- Certification of the necessity of a cure for the tax office.
Who should I contact?
To your district or city (public health service).
What are the fees?
Fees may be incurred in accordance with the fee statutes of the districts and independent cities or in accordance with the state ordinance on administrative fees. Detailed information on this can be obtained from the responsible office.
- Act on the Public Health Service (Health Service Act - GDG),
- State Ordinance on Administrative Fees (General Fee Schedule) - VerwGebVO.
What else should I know?
Further information is also available on the website of the Ministry of Justice and Health of the State of Schleswig-Holstein (MJG).
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.