We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for integration assistance for adults with disabilities and for children and young people with physical and mental disabilities
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
The purpose of integration assistance is to enable beneficiaries to lead an individual life in accordance with their dignity and to promote full, effective and equal participation in society. The benefit is intended to enable people with disabilities to plan and lead their lives as independently and autonomously as possible.
Integration assistance is only granted on application.
The benefits of integration assistance include
- Medical rehabilitation services,
- Services for participation in working life (e.g. services in the work area of recognized workshops for people with disabilities, services with private and public employers),
- Benefits for participation in education (assistance with school education, assistance with school or university education or further training for a profession),
- benefits for social participation (benefits for housing, assistance benefits, curative education benefits, benefits for care in a foster family, benefits for acquiring and maintaining practical knowledge and skills, benefits to promote communication, mobility benefits, aids, visiting allowances).
For the purpose of managing, monitoring the effectiveness and documenting the participation process, the integration assistance provider draws up an overall plan, in particular for the implementation of the individual services or an individual service, together with the person entitled to benefits, a person they trust, possibly with the attending doctor, the health authority, the state doctor, the youth welfare office and the offices of the Federal Employment Agency immediately after the benefits have been determined.
People with disabilities who have more than temporary physical, mental, intellectual or sensory impairments and who are significantly restricted in their equal participation in society (significant disability) or are at risk of such a significant disability are entitled to benefits. Integration assistance benefits are subordinate to benefits from other social benefit providers or rehabilitation providers (e.g. health insurance providers, pension insurance providers, the Federal Employment Agency, accident insurance providers).
Who should I contact?
Please contact the integration assistance provider in your district or city.
Which documents are required?
Depending on the circumstances, you may need, for example
- Proof of disability,
- all proof of income,
- proof of accommodation costs and proof of assets (bank information).
You can obtain detailed information on this from the responsible office.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Integration assistance is granted at the earliest from the first day of the month in which the application is submitted if the requirements were already met at that time.
§§ Sections 90 to 150 of the German Social Code (SGB) Ninth Book (IX)
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.