We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Drug counseling, addiction counseling
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Almost every city has counseling centers for people with addiction problems. Trained and experienced counselors work there: psychologists, social workers and doctors.
Those directly affected, relatives and, above all, parents can turn to these centers. Some of these counselling centres specialize in addictions to certain addictive substances or behavioural addictions (e.g. gambling addiction, internet addiction).
During counseling, confidential information is not passed on to the police. All conversations are anonymous on request. Just like doctors, addiction counselors are obliged to maintain confidentiality - even when it comes to illegal drugs.
Addiction counseling is offered by welfare organizations (e.g. Arbeiterwohlfahrt (AWO), Deutscher Paritätischer Wohlfahrtsverband or Diakonisches Werk) as well as local health authorities. In addition, many schools have a so-called "addiction counselor". This is a teacher who has the task of helping pupils with drug or addiction problems. He or she can help with the selection of suitable services or provide support in finding a way out of addiction.
Who should I contact?
- To the independent counseling centers or
- to your district or city (public health service).
What are the fees?
What else should I know?
Further information is also available on the website
- the Ministry for Social Affairs, Health, Science and Equality of the State of Schleswig-Holstein (MSGWG)
- the Landesstelle für Suchtfragen Schleswig-Holstein e.V. (LSSH),
- the Federal Ministry of Health (BMG),
- the addiction counseling centers (Federal Center for Health Education - BZGA)
- the project of the Federal Center for Health Education to promote communication with young people, drugcom.de and
- the German Center for Addiction Issues (DHS).
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.