We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Disability / compensation for disadvantages: Determination
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Do you have a health disorder/illness that has lasted longer than six months and would you like to have this determined as a disability in accordance with the German Disability Discrimination Act (SGB IX)?
Some rights and assistance in working life and benefits to compensate for disability-related disadvantages (for example in local public transport) require a determination of the degree of disability (GdB). Every disabled person can submit an application for this to the responsible office. The aim of the application is
- To determine the disability and its severity,
- to provide evidence of certain health characteristics in order to claim compensation for disadvantages,
- the issue of an identity card for the exercise of rights and compensation for disadvantages.
Who should I contact?
To the State Office for Social Services (LAsD).
Which documents are required?
- If another determination of the degree of disability has already been made, the pension decision or a corresponding administrative or court decision (e.g. decision of a professional association or a pension office or a branch office),
- passport photo,
- any medical documents in your possession (e.g. expert opinion),
- Power of attorney or guardian's certificate, if applicable,
- for applicants who are not EU nationals: Proof of your legal residence.
What are the fees?
The application is free of charge.
§§ Sections 68, 69 of the German Social Code (SGB) Ninth Book (IX) - Rehabilitation and participation of people with disabilities.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.