We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Road safety education and road safety awareness
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Road safety education and information is primarily aimed at protecting road users. Special emphasis is placed on vulnerable road users, i.e. pedestrians, cyclists and senior citizens. Particular attention is paid here to teaching them how to behave in accordance with standards.
The aims of police traffic information/education are
- To impart and deepen knowledge of rules of conduct and operating regulations,
- to promote understanding and willingness to comply with regulations and
- developing and consolidating a social and safety-conscious attitude towards all road users.
Traffic education at school is carried out by police traffic instructors, puppet stages and sympathetic figures from the Schleswig-Holstein state police. This is mainly done in cooperation with schools and day care centers.
At school, the material for the police traffic teacher is structured as follows, depending on the class level:
- The child as a pedestrian in road traffic,
- the child as a passenger in a motor vehicle,
- the cycling test,
- safe behavior on the way to school,
- School crossing guard training and supervision,
- moped training,
- Behavior as a driver,
- the dangers of alcohol and other drugs in road traffic,
- speeding problems,
- Aggression in road traffic.
The following extracurricular events are possible, depending on the group of participants:
- Lectures in clubs for the elderly and retirement homes,
- Visits to youth clubs,
- Presentations in companies, authorities, associations, societies and traffic clubs,
- Municipal road safety days/campaigns.
While compliance with traffic rules is of vital importance for vulnerable road users in particular, other road users must be encouraged to behave considerately and defensively towards vulnerable road users. In this context, all target groups need to understand the meaning and purpose of the desired compliance with the rules, over and above the mere transfer of knowledge.
Who should I contact?
To the Schleswig-Holstein state police.
What are the fees?
What else should I know?
With the help of school route plans, which are drawn up in cooperation between schools and police traffic instructors, school route safety is to be increased.
Further information can also be found on the websites of the Schleswig-Holstein State Police and the Schleswig-Holstein Traffic Watch.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.